WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the minimum wrist size for the rubber strap ? with it out the strap going very bulky and needing to be cut . ? Also i don't have a local AD , if it did need to be cut, I used to have a 7 inch wrist but i lost a lot of weight and wrist is very small now.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Depending on how tight you like it, you can adjust it down to fit about a 6.25" to 6.5" wrist before needing to cut the strap.

·
Premium Member
71,208 Posts
I wear my ProDiver Date on rubber and I didn't need to have it cut to fit my 6.75" wrist. The Aquis is a smaller watch so the strap will probably fit a smaller wrist.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Cutting the strap is very simple. There are markings on the strap where cuts shut be made. All you have to do is cut one piece at a time until you achieve the perfect fit. If you are not comfortable doing it yourself take it to your watch guy.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have 6.5 inch wrists and had to have mine cut. Actually other than the micro-adjustment how do you NOT have to cut it to make it smaller? and I'd say there's still another half inch smaller at least left to cut if needed.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
No need for a jeweller. The strap is indexed and all you need to cut it is a sharp blade and a straight-edge. Even if the cut isn't perfect, it will be hidden inside the buckle.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Actually other than the micro-adjustment how do you NOT have to cut it to make it smaller?
If you're asking that question, then it means you either don't have an Aquis or yours has the wrong strap and clasp. You can make massive adjustments to the fit of the Aquis and Prodiver straps (almost 2") without ever having to touch the micro-adjust or cut the strap.

·
Premium Member
71,208 Posts
I'm guessing that the Aquis rubber is the same as the ProDiver. On the short end of the strap where the sledge attaches are holes with pins in them to make them look pretty. Remove the sledge then one pin and using a sharp knife and straight edge shorten the strap by one hole length (cut in the middle of where the holes are). Re attach the sledge and hey presto you have shortened the strap. On the Aquis strap if you cut too much off there is enough fiddle room to make it larger but this wasn't the case with the older Oris rubber and the World was full of Oris owners with tight straps. There is no need to be quite so cautious now but slowly slowly catchee monkey.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Actually now that I am thinking about this, I really just want to shorten the long end of the strap. By shortening the short side, aren't you going to be moving the clasp further up your wrist? The long end only has so many holes so not sure it can be shortened to compensate for you cutting the short end to keep it centered. Right?

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Actually now that I am thinking about this, I really just want to shorten the long end of the strap. By shortening the short side, aren't you going to be moving the clasp further up your wrist? The long end only has so many holes so not sure it can be shortened to compensate for you cutting the short end to keep it centered. Right?
You can't shorten the long side of the strap, there's nowhere to cut it. You are limited to the two inches allowed by the holes in the long side of the strap, plus the additional 3/4" (estimate) of the micro-adjust. The only alternative if you don't want to cut the short side down, is to perhaps punch an additional hole in the long side.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Right.... I thought about cutting the short side down, but I like how the clasp is centered on the underside of my wrist. If i cut the short side down, it would merely move the clasp up and off center wouldnt it? Or would cutting the short side allow me to use the clasp on a different hole, minimizing the amount of strap that is folded under the wrist? I need to get home so I can take a look at it.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
If you cut the short side you can lengthen the other side by using a different hole to maintain the same fit, but shortening the one side will shift the clasp slightly. Having said that, I don't think it will make any difference to how the watch feels on Friday wrist.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im glad i relooked this thread, i was gonna have it cut where the holes are, can some show me a pic of the short and long side of the strap ?

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
im glad i relooked this thread, i was gonna have it cut where the holes are, can some show me a pic of the short and long side of the strap ?
You can't cut the part of the strap with the holes (the long side). The only place you can cut it is on the short side where it attaches to the clasp. It's obvious where the cut points are. No photo required.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts