WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I've finally come to a decision on my next watch, the Oris Aquis Date in black bezel/blue dial combo.

892235_mrp_in_l.jpg

Yep, that one.

Those of you in the UK - what's the best price you've found/been offered? List price is £1,300 but I was offered it at £1,200 in a couple of ADs earlier today. Online it's £1,200 on one online shop where I can get 14,400 avios alongside it (~£1,050 depending on how you use them) although that's not a jeweller so I'd be hesitant about if anything went wrong; or I can get 10.35% cashback on the list price (so £1,165).

So far it looks like online is winning, but are there any particular ADs I should target that are known for discounts?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wade,

If you'll find any good deals - please post it here. I'm looking for the same watch and it would be very interesting for me to find a good deal.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wade,

If you'll find any good deals - please post it here. I'm looking for the same watch and it would be very interesting for me to find a good deal.
So far the most I've got someone to commit to on the phone is 10% off - so £1170 vs. £1200 offered in shops vs. £1300 list price.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Also looking for one of theese
I already have black dial but this one is beauty
Let me know if you find good deal in EU
Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
I suggest looking at the small seconds one... I love mine! I wear this regularly! I highly recommend calling Rob at Toppers Jewelers in CA. Will get you great deal as a AD, factory warranty, and phenomenal service. I've bought two watches from him and couldn't be happier. (Selfishly, but not critical, I'd appreciate a name mention if you call him, as I plan to buy more watches from Topper in the future.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Also, I love the rubber strap. I bought both rubber and a bracelet, and I've never put on the bracelet FWIW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
If you're looking in London, you're looking in the wrong place; London dealers don't like discounts, and they don't need to give them because there's so much money sloshing around there.

Try a dealer out of town who's willing to post the watch to you. I've not bought a watch new from a London dealer for 10 years; it's not worth trying any more.

Ernest Jones once offered me £25 off a £2,000 Bell and Ross.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think I know the watch you're referencing, and he found it BNIB from a private seller, who received it as a gift. Not from an AD at that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you're looking in London, you're looking in the wrong place; London dealers don't like discounts, and they don't need to give them because there's so much money sloshing around there.

Try a dealer out of town who's willing to post the watch to you. I've not bought a watch new from a London dealer for 10 years; it's not worth trying any more.

Ernest Jones once offered me £25 off a £2,000 Bell and Ross.
Thanks and you're right, I am looking in London - the 10% discount I mentioned further up the thread was from a non-London dealer

1 - 17 of 17 Posts