WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I finally pulled the trigger on my very first Oris (more specifically the green with white numbers on the bezel) and patiently awaiting its arrival. During my research I had a difficult time finding good pictures of this watch. And I've looked all on Google and even here (mind you I'm using the tapatalk app so on my desktop might yield a different result)

So, for all those that own it, nows the time to showcase your green beast (preferably on wrist if you can for those in the future looking to purchase this particular color). Once I get mine I'll definitely get pictures on here.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing that isnt ideal is that I live in a fairly small city so an AD for Oris is nowheres to be found unless I drive 10 hours or more to go into one. That's why all my watch purchases are based off reviews from others and making the purchase blind. That's the reasoning for me to making this thread for others in the same boat as I am. So get to posting your guys Aquis'ition!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was looking to buy this exact watch and had the same questions as you! In some stock pictures the bezel looks matte green but some pictures make it look like it has some shine to it. Also when looking at the watch on a few different websites, the case size seems to differ between 12.6mm and 14mm but I am not sure which is correct.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking to buy this exact watch and had the same questions as you! In some stock pictures the bezel looks matte green but some pictures make it look like it has some shine to it. Also when looking at the watch on a few different websites, the case size seems to differ between 12.6mm and 14mm but I am not sure which is correct.
As far as I can tell it's got a shiny coating on it. And soon I'll be able to snap some pictures as I just had notification that it's out for delivery. I'm working tonight so I should have some beauty shots uploaded either late tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I attached the two different pictures I keep seeing. When you get around to posting the pics, can you please let me know which it looks more like in person. Or if someone can tell me if I'm looking at two different watches.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I attached the two different pictures I keep seeing. When you get around to posting the pics, can you please let me know which it looks more like in person. Or if someone can tell me if I'm looking at two different watches.
I just got it about a couple of hours ago here at work but haven't really managed to take any pictures of it.

So my first observation is that it's not as big as pictures will dictate. The bezel isn't as wide and overall not as big as some might indicate. Now mind you I'm used to big and heavy watches and would prefer it so. Your mileage will vary though.

As far as I can tell it's definitely a polished bezel.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
I'll bump this in hopes of seeing one in the flesh... and also so I'm aware of when you inevitability post photos of your own ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here we go folks.

I have a few thoughts within my first few hours with this watch. As mentioned in my previous post the watch isn't as daunting to wear as others may say. The weight is also very manageable but again your mileage may vary depending on what you are used to. I have been wearing heavy watches for years so I'm used to it. The feel of the bracelet is very nice with a very sophisticated look and feel with it. Again when you are holding it for the first time it's not as big and prominent as you are led to believe from pictures. Also the green bezel and Grey Dial really changes based on the lighting situation whether you're in direct sunlight or indoors with led lighting or not.

So without further delay here are my pictures (please excuse the fact that I need a tan)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Awesome, awesome piece. Congratulations. The Aquis is truly iconic! :)

Sent from my ASUS_X008D using Tapatalk
It is! At first I thought that the green might of been an odd choice since I was also looking into the black bezel with gradient blue dial. That color combo is probably the easiest color to match everything but it would of just been another black faced watch when it's all said and done. But with the polished green bezel it picks up the surrounding color so it's not as powerful of a green from a distance. Unless you're very specific with your outfit you can easily wear this color with a whole array of outfits.

I was really worried that the green at first was going to be too flashy or noticeable but I'm glad it's subtle.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Beautiful color scheme. I was a little underwhelmed with the black version, but this green makes it a totally different watch.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I have been on the fence over an Aquis with a grey dial and green bezel forever. I'm just not sure how versatile it would be compared with, say, the blue/blue, black/black or blue/black versions. Don't get me wrong, I love the Aquis with the green bezel...I'm just concerned that I would need one of the others to go with a suit or sport coat. And, yes...I would most definitely wear an Aquis with a suit or sport coat.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have been on the fence over an Aquis with a grey dial and green bezel forever. I'm just not sure how versatile it would be compared with, say, the blue/blue, black/black or blue/black versions. Don't get me wrong, I love the Aquis with the green bezel...I'm just concerned that I would need one of the others to go with a suit or sport coat. And, yes...I would most definitely wear an Aquis with a suit or sport coat.
Just FYI get the black and whatever dial combo that appeals to you to not make you rack your head about it. I personally got the green since I don't wear suits anymore and when I do I'll still wear it since I want people to notice it. What's the point of spending all this money for your watch to disappear with your attire.

Keep in mind that wearing a bracelet with a suit is somewhat considered a faux pas and should wear one with a leather strap that the color of your shoes and belt match. With the lug system of the aquis having a leather strap can prove difficult but luckily Im not a big fan of straps anyways.

Now mind you I'm on the hunt for a pre owned or good deal on a black and gradient blue on rubber strap so I can have both bracelet and strap for both of these. It's more so for my enjoyment of the Oris brand than "needing" something that can match outfits.

Paycheque Killers: Seiko 'BFK' SKA369/Seiko 'Tuna Monster' SRP637/Seiko 'Flightmaster' SNA411/Tissot PRS516/ORIS Aquis (Green/Grey)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
That is a great looking watch! Congrats.

Reactions: JTO
1 - 20 of 37 Posts