WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Oris aquis straps

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  sticky 
#1 ·
Hey,

New to the forum and was hoping for small piece of advice.

I have recently purchased a oris aquis on a rubber strap. Absolutely love it great casual dress but recently been looking at buying a dressier watch. I am toying with the idea of getting a replacement steel strap for my aquis and changing the straps over as needed. I have seen that the strap is held in place by screws and I'm worried that regular loosening and changing may damage the watch.

Anyone here regularly change their straps or am I safer saving the extra and getting another watch ?

Cheers

#2 ·
Hi Apollo, I personally do not change my bracelets on a regular basis but I have never heard of any issues raised on forums by those who do. The recommended procedure is to protect the lugs of the watch from accidental scratches with tape then using a couple of honed screwdrivers that fit undo the screw/s and take off the strap. The business with the bits of tape is a pain but better than a scratch.

#3 ·
I have an Aquis with both straps. While I don't change them too often, I have rotated them a handful of times with no issues . As long as you're careful (ie. don't slip and don't over tighten the screws), you should not have any issues. The screws turn into each other, so even if those were to somehow get stripped or damaged, you can replace them fairly easily. The bracelet is very nice. I think you'll like it.

#4 ·
hi there, just recently received an oris aquis titan small second date on rubber strap for my birthday. Same question as the mod, want to get a titanium strap for it. Any recommendations on where is a good place to purchase the strap at a competitive price but good quality

#5 ·
Hi Tin, the bracelet is usually an AD item and I understand that Joma, Topper and FoO all do reasonable prices for it on the web. Just make sure you get the right one for the Titan. I'm pretty sure that it is 07 8 26 75PEB that fits the Titan. I have also seen them on the Bay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.