WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Sticky and I have had a very brief PM exchange regarding the titanium bracelet for the Oris Aquis Titan. I thought it might be worthwhile for others, who may be considering this acquisition, to be included in the discussion.

Sticky, you confirmed my suspicion that the bracelet and scratches are rather cozy but that the clasp is even more so. From the photo you provided in the thread comparing the 43mm Aquis to the 46mm Aquis Titan, it appears as though, despite the fact that the bracelet and clasp scratch easily, you have your Aquis Titan on the bracelet. Do you have the rubber strap for your watch? Do you, and I realize this is a very subjective and personal question, feel that the bracelet is an essential part of the watch?

Thanks,

Rob

·
Premium Member
60,775 Posts
I only wear my Titan on the bracelet since I think that's the best look for it (IMO) but my PDD lives on rubber and even though the clasp is scratched like crazy (it looks like next door's dog's have had it) I keep it that way rather than putting it on a bracelet as the strap matches nicely with the rubber bezel.

·
Premium Member
60,775 Posts
My Titan bracelet looking the worse for wear. It's not had a hard life (anything but) as I drive a computer for a living and not lay bricks or build skyscrapers. Didn't realise just how bad it was til I photographed it.

image.jpeg

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Titan bracelet looking the worse for wear. It's not had a hard life (anything but) as I drive a computer for a living and not lay bricks or build skyscrapers. Didn't realise just how bad it was til I photographed it.

View attachment 7965850
Thank you for this and your earlier responses, both in this thread and via PM. I have decided to take a chance on a bracelet that was taken from another watch, never worn, and is being offered by an AD at a fraction of the price of a new bracelet. Your responses and photos in this thread and the thread I referred to earlier helped me greatly.
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I may do just that Mitch, I honestly hadn't realised how bad the scratches were until I photographed them.
One thing I'd suggest is to use some sort of edge to keep your strokes straight. I did my wife's bracelet and taped it down. Used a nearby box held parallel and kept the Scotch pad against it. Perfectly linear strokes. Just go lightly.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One thing I'd suggest is to use some sort of edge to keep your strokes straight. I did my wife's bracelet and taped it down. Used a nearby box held parallel and kept the Scotch pad against it. Perfectly linear strokes. Just go lightly.
Do these bracelets polish up okay?

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can polish it, but it looks much better brushed. I did mt TT1 to get rid of the polished center/outer (can't remember which) links.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a Prodiver chronograph and switch between the rubber and titanium bracelets. I like to keep both looking tiptop.

For anything shiny I use a Cape Cod polishing cloth, which is a very fine abrasive, and brings titanium up like glass.

For anything brushed I use a fibreglass scratch pen.

I tend to sort anything brushed first with the scratch pen, then mask off the brushed areas with tape. Then I use the polishing cloth to bring out the shine.

This only took 20 minutes to tidy up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
60,775 Posts
I have a Prodiver chronograph and switch between the rubber and titanium bracelets. I like to keep both looking tiptop.

For anything shiny I use a Cape Cod polishing cloth, which is a very fine abrasive, and brings titanium up like glass.

For anything brushed I use a fibreglass scratch pen.

I tend to sort anything brushed first with the scratch pen, then mask off the brushed areas with tape. Then I use the polishing cloth to bring out the shine.

This only took 20 minutes to tidy up. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seeing how nice your clasp looks and how bad mine is now I may give it a go. Thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Do these bracelets polish up okay?
If you ever intend to go into salt water with it, keep in mind that polished items attract unwanted interest in the water. Barracuda in particular are attracted and curious about anything that is highly polished and have been known to hit it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts