WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I need everyone's opinion.

As you can see, I am a Rolex lover/collector. However, I am about to purchase my first every Oris watch (I've been wanting one since last year).

Right now, its a toss between two (2) models, the Oris Artelier Chronograph and the Oris Artelier Complication. In either case, I am thinking of getting the one with a white dial so I can easily use black or brown leather deployant strap/clasp.

Now, since it will be my first Oris purchase, I dunno which to get between the two (2)? I like the size of the chronograph and the presence of the three (3) pushers but I also like the moon complication with the other one but its only 40.5mm and no three (3) pushers.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
125 Posts
:think: Since I think that most chronos are a waste of money, go with the
complication.
Yeah, having a moonphase on the other hand is much more useful :-d. Go with whichever watch appeals most to you. Keep in mind though that because of the shape of the Artelier case, the watch wears smaller than its size suggests.

·
Registered
38,510 Posts
:think: Might be usefull to Loonies.
Yeah, having a moonphase on the other hand is much more useful :-d. Go with whichever watch appeals most to you. Keep in mind though that because of the shape of the Artelier case, the watch wears smaller than its size suggests.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Moonphase 100%, how else are you going to track your lycanthropy?

Serious its a more interesting watch IMO and really the complication fucntions like day or seond time zone will probably just as valuble if not more than the chrono unless you actively time a lot of your activities.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Before the last of the Oris ADs closed down in my town, I drooled over the complication but towards the end, realised I couldn't read the dial without squinting. I have an Omage Speedmaster day/date and it takes concentration to read the pointer date. A complication for me would be a waste of time. As well as looking good, the watch should be simple to use. For longevity, when the old presbyopias starts to reduce your focus the chrono would be a longer option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts