WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of the Breitlings Navitimers and the Omega Speedmasters have long been favorites of mine. Something about the black and white combinations that just looked classic to me.

But I'm not a big fan of chronographs in general since I don't have a real use for them and as I attained a certain age, they prevented me from easily reading the time.

I stumbled onto a video for this 42mm Oris. It had the look I was after in a size I can pull off on my 7 1/4" wrist at a great price (well below retail, thanks [email protected]).
It really looks like a much more expensive watch than it is. A handsome piece of kit.

The quality really surprised me as its my first Oris and I had no real expectations. From the beautiful crown to the gorgeous gunmetal colored ceramic bezel insert and the white chapter ring to the finishing on the bezel edge as well as the mix of satin and polished case. I was pleasantly surprised. The bezel moves precisely with nice solid clicks. The strap is well made and comfortable as is the signed Oris deployment...guess it just fits me right. I have a black strap with white stitching on order to jazz it up a bit.

Now a 42mm watch is usually my upper limit for comfort. But the Oris wears much smaller and feels more like my Ball Marvelight that comes in at 40mm.

OK so the SW200-1 movement is cleanly finished if a bit plain except for the snazzy Oris red rotor. The ORIS name on the dial could be a bit more discreet. The lume could be better unless fully charged then its ok for about two hours, but at least its there. Its been running about -3 seconds a day so no other complaints.

In summary, mark me as one satisfied Oris customer here. Value for dollar with looks well beyond its price point.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
64,991 Posts
Are you charging the lume with the correct type of light (high UV content) because unless it's the orange I've found the Oris lume to be good.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
It's a very handsome watch!

I wish they made a 39-40mm model for my 6.75" wrist. I've seen a 37mm date model (not in person), but it might look a bit small due to the bezel (smaller dial).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is this the black bezel or chrome bezel version? Sorry the reflections make it a little difficult to tell. Great looking watch though!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Great looking watch but I do agree that the Oris branding on the dial could have or should have been slightly smaller and more discreet.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Lovely watch, and 42mm is by no means as large as you can go.
I have a 6" wrist and wear a 42mm PO as my upper limit. You can probably pull off a 46mm if you wanted to.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I tend to agree but then again size is always a personal preference. I have a 6.5" wrist and don't mind wearing up to 45mm depending on the watch. However my preference does lie with 38-42mm in general.

Lovely watch, and 42mm is by no means as large as you can go.
I have a 6" wrist and wear a 42mm PO as my upper limit. You can probably pull off a 46mm if you wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts