WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sized my own bands on many watches. but this oris aquis is something else, its like the the pins are soldered in. I started with taps, but eventually i got big hammer hit with some might and my push tool would bend but the band pin doesn't budge. I start hit the round side of the pin (not the screw looking side) but than i turned over and tried other size.. tried other links. damn thing will not come out. what am i missing here?

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Those are screws. Get a small flat-head screwdriver. They use loctite on the threads so be very careful not to strip the heads. Your hammering may have loosened them up a bit, or it may have buggered them.

·
Premium Member
71,281 Posts
Oris use screws like Dave said. Make sure the driver you use is a good fit in the slot of the screw head and hope that all the bashing hasn’t damaged anything. If they still won’t move Oris are rather generous with the thread lock and it’s not unknown to have to use some heat.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I have sized my own bands on many watches. but this oris aquis is something else, its like the the pins are soldered in. I started with taps, but eventually i got big hammer hit with some might and my push tool would bend but the band pin doesn't budge. I start hit the round side of the pin (not the screw looking side) but than i turned over and tried other size.. tried other links. damn thing will not come out. what am i missing here?
IIRC, the screws used in the bracelet are 1,5mm. If you use a screwdriver for Rolex (1,6mm) bracelets it will be too big.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts