WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I am thinking of buying an Oris Big Crown day date 7500. The watch doesn't have any papers or box, no serial number on the back, and the original strap is also missing. I met the seller, who showed me the watch, so I took a couple of pics. First thing that made me suspicious is that the watch doesn't have the red rotor in it. However I kindly ask for your expertise in this issue.
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Can't say for certain..... I THINK I can just make out the Eta shield on the baseplate, and replica Eta 2836/2824s usually have the flower shaped shock instead of the Incabloc.

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,281 Posts
I don't see any obvious concerns. The BC3 is a long standing model that began production before Oris started using the red rotors in 2002. So bearing in mind its age it will be well overdue for a service if it hasn't had one.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Do they even create fake Oris'?
Then again, what do I know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys!
I can also make out the ETA stamp on the baseplate.
My only concern now is the missing serial number on the back. Isn't that something standard?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Perhaps the watch was bought during the dark ages from Grey market dealer when they used to file off serial numbers?

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Any time there is an opportunity to make money. And "they" create fake Casio, Seiko 5 and other less expensive watches.
It is so weird as well with fakes of those super cheap watches.....

I have seen couple of fakes of Seiko 5's where fake was more expensive than the genuine one.. Figures.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I am certain that this is authentic. Please go ahead.
Also, you wouldn't get red rotor on it. It's an old model.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I've got a genuine Oris 7496 in front of me that also has no serial number on the caseback. Presumably they are printed inside the caseback.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts