WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought the two watches listed in the thread title. I paid around the same price for each one. I love the look of both watches, but only want to keep one of them, especially since they both use similar colors. Thoughts? Is there any benefit to keeping one over the other?

BC3 (Rubber)
01 735 7641 4764-07 4 22 05B - Oris BC3 Advanced, Day Date - Oris BC3 - Aviation - Collection - Oris - Purely mechanical Swiss watches.

Big Crown (Leather)
01 733 7629 4263-07 5 22 79 - Oris Big Crown Date - Oris Big Crown - Aviation - Collection - Oris - Purely mechanical Swiss watches.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found my own answer. It seems the Big Crown watch has a ceramic bezel, anti-reflection sapphire, superluminova C3 (slightly better), and calfskin band. The BC3 has a steel bezel, synthetic sapphire, superluminova BG W9, and rubber band.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I tried on the BC3 and found it more comfortable than the Big Crown, but I went with the Big Crown because I liked the look more.

I think the bezel is steel on both, I'd go for whichever one you like the looks of more, Oris makes great watches that are built to last. Both have a coating and will hold up the same way.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried on the BC3 and found it more comfortable than the Big Crown, but I went with the Big Crown because I liked the look more.

I think the bezel is steel on both, I'd go for whichever one you like the looks of more, Oris makes great watches that are built to last. Both have a coating and will hold up the same way.
I'm going based on the specs listed on Amazon.com. They're indicating that the Big Crown uses a ceramic bezel, while the BC3 uses a steel bezel.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I thought they both had steel bezels but regardless pick the one you like best. It would be the BC3 for me but it's a personal choice obviously.
Agreed... I do like the BC3 because of the contrast in the dial, but I really wanted a leather strap which the Big Crown has. It's a difficult decision I'll have to make. I'll most likely put one of them up for sale in the BST.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
For me I like the simple and readable look of BC3. Looks less formal and more for a daily watch. With that said, BC3 would be my choice.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I received the BC3 in the mail last night, and my jaw dropped. I'm really happy I decided to get rid of the Big Crown, and keep the BC3. It's too bad the Big Crown has a few things the BC3 doesn't (i.e. ceramic bezel, anti-reflective sapphire, leather band, etc.), cuz the overall look of the BC3 is nicer. Originally, I was thinking of getting rid of both watches to save up for something else, but I might hang on to the BC3 for now... or at least until I get bored with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts