WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
wich is the funtion of the small botton?
now I know...

"Oris developed a pin-lever movement, meaning that you don’t need to pull the crown to adjust time, but simply press the pin a 2 and turn the crown. That is a detail that makes the hole concept fully achieved."

https://monochrome-watches.com/oris-big-crown-1917-limited-edition-baselworld-2017-price/

·
Registered
991 Posts
The button at 2 to allow the crown to set the time is pretty cool. The lack of a seconds hand on an automatic would probably drive me nuts though.

And I'm not liking the retail price of 2400 CHF (~2400 USD). Being limited and all, I`m certain there will be no discounts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like it also but no seconds hand and too small at 40mm.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's actually good that there isn't a seconds hand. Too many people have hang-ups about accuracy on automatic/mechanical watches and a seconds hand just makes people too 'anal' about accuracy when they should just enjoy the damn watch for what it is. Leave the seconds hands to quartz watches.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The button at 2 to allow the crown to set the time is pretty cool. The lack of a seconds hand on an automatic would probably drive me nuts though.

And I'm not liking the retail price of 2400 CHF (~2400 USD). Being limited and all, I`m certain there will be no discounts.

There will be discounts eventually - they won't shift 1,917 of these at that price. No way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts