WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I'm looking at buying a watch but could really do with some opinions on its authenticity. Did Oris make an "XXL" cased big crown pointer date? Is supposedly 47mm including the crown. I haven't been able to find out much about it from the web. Is this a genuine piece?

Thanks very much.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple of my own observations - the rotor isn't the Oris red (but was this model from before they started using that?) and the date pointer itself, it doesn't have the moon shaped tip, this one is more of a tuning fork shape and doesn't enclose the date marking like most I've seen.

·
1,260 Posts
While I am in no way guaranteeing the authenticity of that watch, I will say it looks a lot like the Oris model 7503. The 7503 was 44.5mm without the crown and 47mm with the crown. Google "oris 7503" and you will get a lot of results.

The current red rotor started in 2002. From the mid-late 1990's to 2002 the rotors were silver. Before that, they were goldtone. That model is from the late 1990's so the rotor would be silver for that model.

Oris has done many variations of the pointer date over the years. Some have the smaller tuning fork, some have the full U-shape, and some have a straight across T-shaped end. Also, some have the date numerals going clockwise around the dial while some have them going counter clockwise around the dial.

Here is a link I found through Google - I am in no way endorsing this site or guaranteeing their reputation or legitimacy - only providing to show photos.
https://www.poshtime.com/500.040/Oris-BC-Pointer-Date-7503.php

Chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris

Thanks so much for the information, that really answers a lot of the questions I had over the watch. As I wasn't even certain of the model number I was having trouble narrowing it down using Google. The watch is quite a bit older than I'd realised then, maybe 20 years? I've decided to take it to my local Oris dealer and get them to check it over and hopefully confirm its authenticity. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts