WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just purchased Oris Big Crown Pro Pilot Day Date Black Dial from Amazon Prime for $930. I found this much better deal than on Jomashop or any niche watch website as I get free shipping and returns and price of $930 is really good. After I purchased it, Amazon posted a notice that there is only 1 Oris watch left in stock and increased the price to $949 for the same watch. When I was ordering on Amazon, Amazon website told me I get 2-Year Amazon.com warranty provide by company called Asurion, instead of the manufacturer. My questions are:

1) If I was to purchase this ORIS watch from Authorized Dealer, how many years of manufacturer warranty would I get? Just trying to see if I would get more years of warranty for paying a lot more for the watch.
2) Does anyone have any experience actually repairing a watch through Asurion insurance and was it a good experience?

Thank you,

Vlad

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Asurion is as good as gold. If you need to use it they will ship to the manufacturer and it will be the same as warranty service which is much better the grey market. Asurion is a 3rd party public company and basically there pool of "policies" is vey diverse. They do all kinds of goods. They don't know watch makers or deal with them. They just send them into the manufacturer. They used to be my client so I have never dealt direct on a warranty cliaim. I just know the business model..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Asurion is as good as gold. If you need to use it they will ship to the manufacturer and it will be the same as warranty service which is much better the grey market. Asurion is a 3rd party public company and basically there pool of "policies" is vey diverse. They do all kinds of goods. They don't know watch makers or deal with them. They just send them into the manufacturer. They used to be my client so I have never dealt direct on a warranty cliaim. I just know the business model..
Thank you for taking time to explain. I am glad to hear that. I did notice that Amazon is partnering with only the best providers for warranties; one of them being Square Trade for electronics, etc. Now, after your feedback, I feel the same about Asurion. Do you know, will Asurion offer extended warranty; for example, maybe for additional amount I could purchase 10 year warranty for my watch and protect my investment for longer period of time. Do you know if that is possible?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.