WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got it from the forum sponsor, Topper Jewelers, and it was a good buying experience.
As for the timekeeping, I'm only two days into the power reserve and it is on time with the reference I set it to. I'll let everyone know how it performs across the entire 10 days in my anecdotal experience.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Since having mine (though it's not the 'pilot' version) I've only fully wound it a couple of times, normally I keep it in the 4/5 day zone and wind it daily, just because I like it... but in the last 20 days it's been through two full cycles and I set it 10 seconds fast... it's lost... TWO SECONDS!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just bought a ProPilot date to test the waters.. Wondering if it will be a fair telltale for the finishing and attention to detail in the 111? I.e. hands, indices, lume

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes I think the hands, lume and indices are what you would expect from any of the watches in Big Pilot family. There is a guilloche pattern to the numbered section of the power reserve and small seconds subdials that I don't believe exists on the any of the other dials in the BP family (not sure though).

I wound mine to the full 10 days the day I got it and synchronized it to time.gov. It very quickly went to about 15 seconds fast and then gradually slowed until it ended about 15 seconds slow. Not chronometer grade but easily within my needs.

The interesting thing is that I expected it to stop at 10 days (or at 11 per Oris' CEO). This morning it finally died 6 hours short of its 12th day. I'm very impressed.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mathurss, I checked with Oris and the original brown crocodile strap cost $450. They go perfect with the gray dial. Don't skimp. A reliable grey market vendor has recently reduced the price with the steel bracelet for $2995. A steal! I bought two Oris's from this vendor , a pro diver and RUF Chrono TT3, and all are perfect.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello Trhall, I am about to pull the trigger on this Oris Calibre 111 watch but the only reason that give me pause is the movement reliability. Have they given you any feedback on root cause for your issue on the movement? And what was the original issue?

thank, Andre

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
The interesting thing is that I expected it to stop at 10 days (or at 11 per Oris' CEO). This morning it finally died 6 hours short of its 12th day. I'm very impressed.
That was an intentional change from the 110, which apparently really suffered with accuracy towards the end of the wind. The 111 expanded the actual reserve so when it gets close to the rated 10 days there is more force on tap. It is still a 10 day movement.

I'm a huge fan of this watch, but at this level and with the attention to an in-house movement it really should be tracking better. Amazing piece, though.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hello Trhall, I am about to pull the trigger on this Oris Calibre 111 watch but the only reason that give me pause is the movement reliability. Have they given you any feedback on root cause for your issue on the movement? And what was the original issue?
Sorry work has been busy and I didn't see my name until now.

I wouldn't be too concerned. I think it was just a fluke with mine. Mine had to go back to Switzerland and should be back in early September. I'll keep everyone posted with what I hear.

Don't let my one issue concern you. I'm looking forward to the watch's return as I really enjoy this watch. It's a beauty! I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I love mine

I wore mine to a watch store event where there was an Oris rep, who said initially their were 33 blue dials made for the retailer where I got mine, but that they would be available later for other retailers eventually.:think:

DSC_4094.jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just went away for a week. Left the Oris with a full wind, came back and still 3 days left, keeping perfect time. Love it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Re: I love mine

I wore mine to a watch store event where there was an Oris rep, who said initially their were 33 blue dials made for the retailer where I got mine, but that they would be available later for other retailers eventually.:think:

View attachment 12467323
That would be great! I love my anthracite dial but the blue is pretty spectacular. More general availability of it would be nice; it's a very nice shade of blue that I think a lot of people will like.

Wish they actually also made a black sunburst dial, similar to the newly announced Big Crown ProPilot WorldTimer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone have the reference number of the stainless steel bracelet itself? I have a 111 on NATO but would like to buy the bracelet.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Does anyone have the reference number of the stainless steel bracelet itself? I have a 111 on NATO but would like to buy the bracelet.
If you go to the website and look on a desktop computer (the non-mobile version of the site), you will see the reference number for the watch.

The numbers/letters after the hyphen remote the bracelet / strap part number, I've been told. You should be able to use that to order the bracelet I believe. So I think it is "8 22 19".

That's what one retailer told me about how to identify them. YMMV but HTH!

·
Registered
428 Posts
If you go to the website and look on a desktop computer (the non-mobile version of the site), you will see the reference number for the watch.

The numbers/letters after the hyphen remote the bracelet / strap part number, I've been told. You should be able to use that to order the bracelet I believe. So I think it is "8 22 19".

That's what one retailer told me about how to identify them. YMMV but HTH!
Okay, I looked in the catalog from 2015/2016, which has an included price list. See attached images for more details on the naming conventions and part numbers. The bracelet is in fact "8 22 19".

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have on order the bracelet version but will order the Croc strap 1 22 72FC and the textile strap 5 22 24FC as soon as I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Typo 5 22 14FC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you trhall!

A preliminary Google search hasn't resulted in many places where I can buy the bracelet from, maybe I will have to contact Oris.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thank you trhall!

A preliminary Google search hasn't resulted in many places where I can buy the bracelet from, maybe I will have to contact Oris.
Try any AD who sells Oris. I've had my local dealer get me an official Oris strap before.

Enjoy! Saw the BCPP Calibre 111 on a bracelet recently and it looks great!

61 - 80 of 102 Posts