WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I just received this watch, and it's a stunner! Bought it on a textile strap, but also looking for the metal bracelet. If anyone is willing to sell their bracelet please let me know! :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
That is one nice watch and a very intriguing movement. I do wish they eventually make something even simpler---central second, maybe no date. With that said, this iteration is already much nicer than their super busy calendar models.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
A lume shot just for kicks.

Reactions: MR028

·
Registered
203 Posts
IMG_1273.JPG IMG_1272.JPG IMG_1274.JPG

Just received this watch today after waiting 4 months from back ordered! Worth the wait. I am going to buy the OEM leather and textile band as well. Total for the two is around $800. Love it so far!,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Greetings! New to WUS and interested in the BCPP111, but need some clarification on the "no grey market" some people have purchased this through? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fair enough; TBH, I ACTUALLY THOUGHT "no grey market" may have been referring to an actual site that could point me to the best deals through an AD (ok...dumb newb! ��)

If anyone can point me in the right direction, feel free to PM!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just received this watch, and it's a stunner! Bought it on a textile strap, but also looking for the metal bracelet. If anyone is willing to sell their bracelet please let me know! :)
Hello, I bought my 111 with the metal bracelet. I am going to order the textile and leather strap for the watch and may not want the bracelet. What are u will to give me for it?

Andre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
808 Posts
Actually, it is not the case that handwound movements are not as accurate as automatic movements.

There are classic stories of Lemania in the '30s winning competitions with handwound movements that had been regulated by Lemania watchmakers. In addition, the Webb C. Ball standard surpasses the COSC specifications and originally those watches were pocket watches.

Your statement may be true for mass produced ETA movements. Of course, in most cases, automatic movements are wound more frequently.

Sounds good, although there are not enough users to get an overall accuracy report, if it had the COSC certification i might have been tempted, i appreciate that COSC is not everything, but wind up watches have never been as accurate as Autos, that said if the consensus of the majority of users reported your accuracy then i might feel different. Thanks for the timeograph readings.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've stumbled over the ProPilot 114 and this watch from the latest WatchTime magazine.

I've appreciated the Oris brand and design for many years, but haven't ever pulled the trigger on any specific model. The new calibres, 10 day PR, etc are amazing.

However, the achilles heel in the latest designs are the date. They look like a complete afterthought. I would far prefer they left it out, or maybe moved to 6pm position.

I'm trying to decide whether the pros outweigh the cons.... at least they matched the date wheel to the dial... so it's not completely terrible.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've stumbled over the ProPilot 114 and this watch from the latest WatchTime magazine.

I've appreciated the Oris brand and design for many years, but haven't ever pulled the trigger on any specific model. The new calibres, 10 day PR, etc are amazing.

However, the achilles heel in the latest designs are the date. They look like a complete afterthought. I would far prefer they left it out, or maybe moved to 6pm position.

I'm trying to decide whether the pros outweigh the cons.... at least they matched the date wheel to the dial... so it's not completely terrible.
I agree it looks a bit awkward in the renders they use online, however in the flesh I don't even think about it - in fact I really like it. You have all the essential information across the centre of the dial. I like the space above and below, and you don't lose any indices due to the placement, as there isn't one the other side, either.

I've recently put mine on a different strap, a bit more casual... really love it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I like mine. Runs a bit fast but in rotation it's no big deal. I have many straps for my Panerai that are the same lug width (22 IIRC) and I have fun changing straps. The watch was not running properly when new. The amplitude and beat error were out of whack. It had to go back to Switzerland for several months but came back running well. BTW the mainspring when unwound is 5.5 feel long!

http://www.fototime.com/E41D69027D2D72D/standard.jpg standard.jpg

81 - 100 of 102 Posts