WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Got this piece back in October of 2016 and have seldom worn it over the past couple of months. I've never worn it in water etc.

Took it out of my box a couple days ago to find the 3 marker half fallen off.

To the service centre she goes. Did not expect this from a limited piece from such a brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, I was seriously considering to get my 1st Oris - this made me think twice...
It may just be that I'm the unlucky guy in the bunch. I know at least 8 other people with one of these who've had no issue. Most people have 0 issues with oris. But still disappointing.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
That is bad luck but what were you hoping to achieve by bringing it to the forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is bad luck but what were you hoping to achieve by bringing it to the forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If I'm in the wrong in sharing an experience with a brand in this way let me know

·
Registered
121 Posts
Like others have said things can happen with any brand or product for that matter. I'm a big fan of Oris having an Aquis a Divers 65. Both are exceptionally well made and keep time within a few seconds per day. I'd like to think Oris will fix that defect promptly, it should still be under warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like others have said things can happen with any brand or product for that matter. I'm a big fan of Oris having an Aquis a Divers 65. Both are exceptionally well made and keep time within a few seconds per day. I'd like to think Oris will fix that defect promptly, it should still be under warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. Yes no problems with timekeeping or anything mechanical. It's got another couple years of warranty left and they've already responded to my request to send it in for repair.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Well....it's the Oris forum....it's an Oris.....I'm allowed to share my experiences on a watch forum about a watch no?

You can do whatever you want. I couldn't care less. I just think it's poor form to complain to a group of people who can do absolutely nothing to help you. It's kind of like whining to people in a Sears store that you got bad service at Home Depot. What are they going to do for you? Nothing. Then, all the other malcontents come out from their lurking positions to say, "you have every right to post what you did." Well, you do but just because you can doesn't mean you ought to. Obviously, this is a rare occurrence and Oris will fix it. Whatever happened to the days when men acted like men and just sucked it up and did the right thing without complaining?

Sadly, just another example of someone using a public forum to air dirty laundry to a group of people who can do nothing to correct the issue. Don't pretend that wasn't part of your intent; after all, you had already decided to send it back to Oris to be repaired.

·
Registered
734 Posts
You can do whatever you want. I couldn't care less. I just think it's poor form to complain to a group of people who can do absolutely nothing to help you. It's kind of like whining to people in a Sears store that you got bad service at Home Depot. What are they going to do for you? Nothing. Then, all the other malcontents come out from their lurking positions to say, "you have every right to post what you did." Well, you do but just because you can doesn't mean you ought to. Obviously, this is a rare occurrence and Oris will fix it. Whatever happened to the days when men acted like men and just sucked it up and did the right thing without complaining?

Sadly, just another example of someone using a public forum to air dirty laundry to a group of people who can do nothing to correct the issue. Don't pretend that wasn't part of your intent; after all, you had already decided to send it back to Oris to be repaired.
I typically stay clear of the forum controversies, however I feel obligated to insert my two cents here. To the OP - you did nothing wrong, I actually appreciate the fact that you took the time to post on this issue. And to rosborn, I feel that your crude and extremely opinionated comments are very unwarranted.

·
Registered
970 Posts

OP did nothing wrong to share his experience with the watch. As a Carl Brashear owner myself, I now know a falling marker may happen on my watch too. Maybe it is a common issue but nobody has brought it up until now. After all, by your logic you shouldn't post this issue on the forum because nobody else has posted it yet either. What kind of dumb logic is that?

I agree it is likely a rare occurrence... maybe 1 in 2000... but it is something to be mindful of.

In the Seiko forum you will see people talk about misaligned chapter rings all the time. It is a very common issue. But by your logic, nobody is allowed to talk about it and we all ignore the issue?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I typically stay clear of the forum controversies, however I feel obligated to insert my two cents here. To the OP - you did nothing wrong, I actually appreciate the fact that you took the time to post on this issue. And to rosborn, I feel that your crude and extremely opinionated comments are very unwarranted.
Same here. As a potential 1st time Oris buyer, I found the information shared by the OP useful. While any brand can have a defect, for a limited edition fairly new and not abused watch, that looked a bit scary. To the OP, please do share with us your experience with the warranty repair.

·
Registered
227 Posts
In the Seiko forum you will see people talk about misaligned chapter rings all the time. It is a very common issue.
Yes all the time :-d That's why I like the Seiko folks, they love their watches while acknowledging its shortcomings.

Even if the OP just wanted to vent his frustrations, I don't see anything wrong doing that to a group of people sharing common interests.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts