WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
In the Seiko forum you will see people talk about misaligned chapter rings all the time. It is a very common issue.
Yes all the time
That's why I like the Seiko folks, they love their watches while acknowledging its shortcomings.

Even if the OP just wanted to vent his frustrations, I don't see anything wrong doing that to a group of people sharing common interests.
I agree in toto. I also own a Carl Braesher watch myself. I strongly support OP for posting his issue here. After all we come here to discuss all such nitty gritty experiences with the brands and watches. I regularly read issues with Rolex watches on various forums and that doesn't take away anything from the Rolex per se.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Thanks for posting your experience, OP. If nothing else, it keeps manufacturers on their toes. It's good to mention the good and bad about any brand. That's the only way they will improve.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
917 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly with you OP. I am big fan of Oris (owns 40mm diver 65) as well, but when something is wrong, it's good to bring it up to raise awareness. I am sure you are one of the unfortunate few, I hope you'll get it sorted soon!

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
OP, sorry you're having problems and I hope Oris fixes it to your satisfaction.

And your post was absolutely correct for this forum or the Public Forum. I do hate it when someone comes onto a brand forum with an issue like this and then proceeds to tell everyone what a piece crap every watch from that brand is because their watch failed. You haven't done this, and instead have shared your real-world experience for others to learn from. To me, that's the point of these forums.

·
Registered
177 Posts
You can do whatever you want. I couldn't care less. I just think it's poor form to complain to a group of people who can do absolutely nothing to help you. It's kind of like whining to people in a Sears store that you got bad service at Home Depot. What are they going to do for you? Nothing. Then, all the other malcontents come out from their lurking positions to say, "you have every right to post what you did." Well, you do but just because you can doesn't mean you ought to. Obviously, this is a rare occurrence and Oris will fix it. Whatever happened to the days when men acted like men and just sucked it up and did the right thing without complaining?

Sadly, just another example of someone using a public forum to air dirty laundry to a group of people who can do nothing to correct the issue. Don't pretend that wasn't part of your intent; after all, you had already decided to send it back to Oris to be repaired.
I wish I could downvote...

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
You can do whatever you want. I couldn't care less. I just think it's poor form to complain to a group of people who can do absolutely nothing to help you. It's kind of like whining to people in a Sears store that you got bad service at Home Depot. What are they going to do for you? Nothing. Then, all the other malcontents come out from their lurking positions to say, "you have every right to post what you did." Well, you do but just because you can doesn't mean you ought to. Obviously, this is a rare occurrence and Oris will fix it. Whatever happened to the days when men acted like men and just sucked it up and did the right thing without complaining?

Sadly, just another example of someone using a public forum to air dirty laundry to a group of people who can do nothing to correct the issue. Don't pretend that wasn't part of your intent; after all, you had already decided to send it back to Oris to be repaired.
So you're saying the OP is in the wrong for sharing his experience on an online forum dedicated to watches? That's ridiculous, especially considering this is pretty much the only medium where enthusiasts can properly voice their feedback and engage with a wider audience of other fellow enthusiasts. Not to mention he wasn't even overly complaining or demanding something unreasonable. It was a simple "oh well it's off to service".

These forums also helps enthusiasts of a pretty niche hobby exchange ideas and information. For example without online forums there never would've been the panerai Manhattan bridge scandal. The one where panerai sold an entire limited edition with completely undecorated and unfinished ETA movements. Prior to these forums having a wide audience many of these people would have thought they just got a single lemon and the company would've swept it under the rug that way. But thanks to people "complaining" as you put it panerai had to own up to their screw up.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Actually that is where you are wrong. This is exactly what a forum is for, to inform other members of potential problems and to also hold manufacturers to account.
The weight of public opinion can help convince companies like Oris to lift their game. I used to sell Oris and had a close relationship with the Australian branch and believe me they need all the pushing you can muster.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Wow, two of these now, not good. I have a regular non bronze diver 65 coming in steel, hopefully this is not an issue. On a positive note, what a beautiful piece, and great patina on it.

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,684 Posts
I agree in toto. I also own a Carl Braesher watch myself. I strongly support OP for posting his issue here. After all we come here to discuss all such nitty gritty experiences with the brands and watches. I regularly read issues with Rolex watches on various forums and that doesn't take away anything from the Rolex per se.
Absolutely concur. And I know this is an older thread, but since the issue was experienced by yet another member just recently, it is absolutely prudent that he share.

OP, sorry you're having problems and I hope Oris fixes it to your satisfaction.

And your post was absolutely correct for this forum or the Public Forum. I do hate it when someone comes onto a brand forum with an issue like this and then proceeds to tell everyone what a piece crap every watch from that brand is because their watch failed. You haven't done this, and instead have shared your real-world experience for others to learn from. To me, that's the point of these forums.
Yup.

That is bad luck but what were you hoping to achieve by bringing it to the forum?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just dug mine out of storage, mine is ok thankfully

·
Registered
120 Posts
TroyonTime - How did it go with CS? How did they do?

I hope this will be of some solace to you. My son had the exact problem with a $2,500 Tag Heuer after only having it on his wrist for two months. What's worse is it was a quartz movement. You would think if a watch is selling it's brand they could keep their logo from falling off. It happens, but don't judge ORIS completely on this single issue. They have always been on time for me.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I work for a company here in the US that manufactures.

i can tell you that we see lur fair share of QC issues, but this is the type of thing that, frustratingly, makes a company look bad, with it likely being no fault of their own.

i don’t claim to know what happened here with Oris, and indont know who makes their paint or adhesives, or if it was an issue with adhesive not being applied correctly, but i can tell you that we had a paint supplier change a step in their process, and it resulted in paint bubbling on our product when left out in the sun. We had never seen this before, and we were not notified that the paint vendor had made a change.

we corrected the issue and made it right with customers, and are negotiating with the paint vendor for satisfaction.

on the Oris, it seems we have the dial material, the dial paint, the index material, the adhesive, and lastly the application of adhesive. We dont know why the part failed, and it may be no fault of Oris at all.

IMO, when something like this happens, im more concerned with how the company handles it when made aware of the issue.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Asl, i forgot the curing time for the adhesive. A change in the adhesive formula could have necessitated a longer curing time, and it is possible Oris was unaware of the change... etc. etc.

my point being that something like this has many possible reasons for failure, a lot of them beyond what we can reasonably expect a manufacturer to anticipate

·
Registered
229 Posts
Any more of these been reported?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts