WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am relatively new to working on watches. the 12 o'clock marker became dislodged on my oris so I decided to take the watch apart to put it back in place which seemed pretty easy. I had no problem removing the crown and stem out of the watch and removing the movement and reinstalling the marker on the dial but now that I am putting everything back together I cannot get the stem reinserted correctly. The stem can be pushed all the way into place but when turned it does
nothing. so is there something I am not doing right? any help would be appreciated.
IMG_1921.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I already checked into that but I am not the original owner and they said I have to have a bill of sale from when the watch was purchased new, which I don't have

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
If you didn't use exactly the right sized screwdriver to fit the slot to push in the retaining pin to release the crown/stem then you have caused it to displace. This means the hands and dial need to come off in order to reset the keyless works I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
973 Posts
If you didn't use exactly the right sized screwdriver to fit the slot to push in the retaining pin to release the crown/stem then you have caused it to displace. This means the hands and dial need to come off in order to reset the keyless works I'm afraid.

Agreed, sounds like the pin to release the crown has been dislodged. Will need to send it in for repair.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I agree with hub and Ausman, and suggest you send it in for repair to a watchmaker. It's a simple enough fix that won't take 10 minutes. My local watchmaker refers to this issue as the "ETA Surprise." If you are interested in fixing it yourself, I bet you could get very detailed instructions on the watchmaking subforum here on WUS.

I'm also quite interested in your dial failure. How did you replace the 12:00 marker? Superglue? Could you tell how it was originally affixed?

Good luck,

Myron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts