WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have just bought an Oris Diver. When I unscrew the crown to position 1, when I wind the watch the date is changed rather than winding the watch. I'm thinking that this is a fault, becausee the crown is definately not in position 2 (date change). Does this sound like a fault? Has anyone had this problem before.

Regards
B

·
Registered
61 Posts
When you unscrew the crown are you then pulling it out to the first stop?
If you are then you are actually pulling itnout to the second position.
You need to just unscrew it and then wind, this is the first position.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
The stop for the date position can be hard to find - especially on a new unfamiliar watch. Gently pull the crown out and push it in feeling for the stop - it's there.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I find mine are touchy too when trying to get the crown to the right position to do the quick date change, but this is the same with my citizen and kazimon watches too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys,

I'm not pulling the crown out to position 2 (theres no click). When I unscrew the crown, when I wind in the first position the date changes. This does not happen all of the time though. When you unscrew the crown my understanding is that this is in wind position and the date should not be changed??

·
Registered
309 Posts
I usually don't have that issue when just unscrewing the crown. You should take it back to your AD and have the watchmaker on site check it you for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I usually don't have that issue when just unscrewing the crown. You should take it back to your AD and have the watchmaker on site check it you for you.

Thanks vert much. My thoughts are that the watch is faulty. Just wanted to check if this was a common issue with Oris????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts