WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an incoming 65/42mm diver. The one I'm getting is on a bracelet but I'm loving to Oris leather strap I've seen in post here. Should I stay with the Oris OEM or can anyone recommend a aftermarket leather strap ?

·
Premium Member
60,706 Posts
The purists say that a diver shouldn't go on leather - pah! They look great. Oris leather looks very nice but it's sure not to be cheap and for the money you would be laying out I'm sure you would be able to get a nicer strap from one of the 3rd party suppliers. I'll not even suggest where to look as I get a far as Hirsch and I run out of ideas. If you feel like going custom Combat Straps have some nice stuff.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
So, did you squeeze a 21mm into those lugs or order a 19mm-20mm?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Hirsch is actually a 22mm, the squeezing was done on another 21mm lug width watch so it fit nicely second time around on the Oris.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The purists say that a diver shouldn't go on leather - pah! They look great. Oris leather looks very nice but it's sure not to be cheap and for the money you would be laying out I'm sure you would be able to get a nicer strap from one of the 3rd party suppliers. I'll not even suggest where to look as I get a far as Hirsch and I run out of ideas. If you feel like going custom Combat Straps have some nice stuff.
While I agree with the “purists” for the most part, I think the 65 has more versatility then other divers. It’s a little thinner, and for some reason wears lighter. I suspect a stiff cuff of a shirt will slide right over it. All that to say, get an OEM Oris leather and go for it!

·
Registered
7,728 Posts
here's 1 of my from B&S straps
combos

Sent from my S6 Edge using Tapacrap

·
Registered
7,728 Posts
not leather but....

Sent from my S6 Edge using Tapacrap

1 - 18 of 18 Posts