WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going through several timepieces over a span of 6 months, i finally found THE ONE.

Got this blue Aquis just now for a steal price of $600 USD brand new! Fits perfectly, and totally sings to me! :)

Cheers!

Sent from my ASUS_X008D using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mike and beeman! :) 7.25 inch wrist size owner here so 42 to 43 mil is just the sweet spot for me!

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
After going through several timepieces over a span of 6 months, i finally found THE ONE.

Got this blue Aquis just now for a steal price of $600 USD brand new! Fits perfectly, and totally sings to me! :)

Cheers!
Congrats mate, looks great. Good price for such a beautiful piece. Enjoyit.

Gav

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was an uber crazy deal. The seller was someone who received the piece as a company gift after staying for more than 20 years. He kept the piece untouched for 6 months because he felt that wearing luxury watches wasn't his thing. Even had the plastic stickers all over. Literally unworn! :)

·
0 Posts
congrats !!im really thinking to get one as well.
just ordered the certina ds action , if i dont like it for sure im getting an oris

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Been toying with the idea of getting a squale, glycine combat sub, tissot sea star or maybe a helson shark, but the Aquis has ticked most of the boxes for me. Good luck G_77! Hope you find your "the one" soon too! :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone! I'm sure we all take turns enjoying the ultra highs in each of our horological journey! To the very best of our times! Cheers!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That is one great dive watch that represents great value at doublt that price... You got a super price on yours. Congrats and enjoy your Aquis!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wow! That is quite the deal. I have one and if I saw a brand new one for that price...I'd have 2! Especially in blue, I have the black dial model.

Reactions: Beagleybear

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, everyone! It has always been a question whether blue or black. Just noticed that most of my other dive watches all had black dials and the colbalt-ish blue on this Aquis seems unique and that made me pull the trigger on the spot.

Also, i guess one best practice i can share with everyone when it comes to landing dream deals is this: make sure you join ALL possible online buy & sell facebook groups in your region. Both the search function and "shop tab" in facebook can do wonders specifically if you're already connected to an enormous number of these online thrift shops. I have been typing and entering the words "Oris Aquis" in the facebook search field every morning for the last 3 weeks and this particular practice has given me the lead.

I've always believed that there's always a small number of non-watch enthusiasts out there who impulsively sell watches they own but have zero affinity and attachment to. When you encounter one of those rare folks, that's exactly where the combination of product knowledge, bargaining skills, timing, luck and execution comes in handy. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts