WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to comment on the newer ORIS diver rubber strap (with the sliding clasp)?? Is it any good?? tough? easy scratch?? I am just planning to buy one for my Aquis Chrono. I love the titanium bracelet...but I think I just rubber would be better for more daily casual use (scare of scratching the bracelet). At AUS $300, personally I think it's quite expensive for rubber? Oh well, I guess that's what you got to pay for a "rising" star brand. I just hope it will worth the investment, and last for a long time....(worry they will break easily).

PS: IF possible post your pics with the rubber strap....(hopefully it will tempt me more to buy it....;-))

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
They are excellent... an absolutely brilliant design. I have two of them, one for my ProDiver Kittiwake LE and one for my Aquis Maldives LE (both with titanium clasps).

My ProDiver came with both a titanium bracelet and the rubber strap with titanium sliding diver extension clasp, but my Maldives came with the Ti bracelet only. Oris rubber straps are extremely expensive as far as OEM rubber straps go (even without the clasp), so I searched high and low to find them at a (semi) reasonable price. The best price I found, by far, was from Jambor Jewelers (a WUS sponsor). They shipped via mail from Spain and I had it a week later.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are excellent... an absolutely brilliant design. I have two of them, one for my ProDiver Kittiwake LE and one for my Aquis Maldives LE (both with titanium clasps).

My ProDiver came with both a titanium bracelet and the rubber strap with titanium sliding diver extension clasp, but my Maldives came with the Ti bracelet only. Oris rubber straps are extremely expensive as far as OEM rubber straps go (even without the clasp), so I searched high and low to find them at a (semi) reasonable price. The best price I found, by far, was from Jambor Jewelers (a WUS sponsor). They shipped via mail from Spain and I had it a week later.

I have already contacted Jambor....so we will see...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is the best strap/deploy buckle on the market and it's not even close.

Yeah that's what I have heard......I also think the same way....thought the sliding sledge clasp is awesome |> From what I have seen in YOUI clips...you dont even need to cut them to resize?

·
Premium Member
60,641 Posts
Just to back up what Brent and Underpar have said the Oris rubber strap with the sliding sledge is the next best thing to sliced bread. The one downside of the Ti bracelet is it's tendency to attract scratches so I don't blame you for going for a rubber strap. A word of warning though - that clasp on the rubber tends to lose in fights with stone walls. I have posted a pic of my rubber strapped ProDiver Date. (complete with muck on watch)

Rub.JPG

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
are there differences in rubber + clasp prices depending on the model?
over here in malaysia, the aquis date rubber + clasp currently works out to around AUS189.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
are there differences in rubber + clasp prices depending on the model?
over here in malaysia, the aquis date rubber + clasp currently works out to around AUS189.
The clasp prices vary depending on whether they are stainless steel or titanium. The rubber strap prices don't vary much between the Aquis and ProDiver straps that are compatible with the the clasps (they are a different design than the normal Oris straps). What varies considerably is pricing by market. In North America they are extremely expensive to buy, which is why I ordered mine from a European AD for about half the price.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The clasp prices vary depending on whether they are stainless steel or titanium. The rubber strap prices don't vary much between the Aquis and ProDiver straps that are compatible with the the clasps (they are a different design than the normal Oris straps). What varies considerably is pricing by market. In North America they are extremely expensive to buy, which is why I ordered mine from a European AD for about half the price.

Brent for some reason Jambor is ignoring my email or contact??? (still no response) I think I have NO LUCK with all the WUS sponsors :-( All of them have never reply a single of my email?? (Topper...Jambor...) Are they still in business?? Or maybe they just ignoring me because I am way too far here in down under

·
Registered
317 Posts
Adsusanto,

Have you tried sourcing locally? Gregory's have always been helpful to me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Adsusanto,

Have you tried sourcing locally? Gregory's have always been helpful to me.
Oh believe me Dave...best price you can get locally probably be around AUS$280...Personally I just cant justify $300 for a bloody damn rubber o| If it is a metal bracelet I might. Probably I should turn myself to pre-owned or other users that have upgraded to metal and willing to sell me their rubber. From what I was told, not all divers rubber are compatible to each other. I think for my Aquis Chrono...the Maldives should fit just fine..

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
not all divers rubber are compatible to each other. I think for my Aquis Chrono...the Maldives should fit just fine..
The determining factor is BOTH the inside lug dimension AND outside lug dimension. Oris plays around with the sizes a lot, so often times what looks like it will fit, won't.

What are both dimensions for your watch? The Aquis Maldives is 26mm to the outside of the lugs and the inside (Interhorn) measurement is 12mm.

·
Premium Member
60,641 Posts
The determining factor is BOTH the inside lug dimension AND outside lug dimension. Oris plays around with the sizes a lot, so often times what looks like it will fit, won't.

What are both dimensions for your watch? The Aquis Maldives is 26mm to the outside of the lugs and the inside (Interhorn) measurement is 12mm.
Both the chrono and the Maldives are part of the Aquis range so the rubber strap SHOULD fit. the outside measurement of both is 26mm but measure the inside dimensions to make sure they are the same. Oh and don't mark the watch with the calipers like I did.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Brent and sticky....as always you guys are helpful and responsive :-! I think at this stage I will just stay with my Ti bracelet...my wife also think it look way better. I guess I will just buy those "magic" pen from ebay to fix up those light scratchings..etc (I think I will start a new thread on it...;-)) or maybe just have it polish at the place I bought it from. (Only thing, it's quite far away from my home...and horrible parking).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts