WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IN the scene it shows how some Hollywood cerlebs go to these shows where they get Free stuff such as Oris . The Actor "Ben Kingsley" gets to pick which Oris he wants and they just give it to him. It cracks me up. The famous Celebs who have $$$$ get more free stuff. In the end Ben Kingsley gives it to charity as a item to be autioned off (good guy). I thimk they are hoping the actor will wear it and it is cheap advertising to have a famous actor wear your product vs paying a celeb for advertising. Even if he donates it to charity the Oris company gets advertising that Ben Kingsley watch "ORis" is up for auction.:think:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I actually bought an my first automatic watch soon after watching that episode - an Oris TT1 in fact. It did influence me a little, but I just liked the look of the watch and I like the Sopranos, and actor Ben Kingsley.

:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
The AD that I spoke with says that they chose to use oris in the episode because a few of the actors and/or crew had recently purchased the watches and they really liked them so they wanted to use them in the show. The AD said oris didn't even pay for the advertisement. Take this for what it is worth because he had the DVD of the episode on hand when I was looking at the watches.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I’ve been watching The Sopranos again, so I’m bringing this back to life just to add in that same season (season 6) in the episode Moe ‘n Joe, they do a close up of Vito’s watch and he is wearing an Oris world timer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts