WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've been seriously eyeing up the Pointer Date of late, particularly the 40mm blue dial which I think is absolutely stunning.

I've trawled through a lot of threads on here about this watch, I'm interested to see some wrist shots from owners of either sizes on a 6.5" wrist. I prefer traditional, smaller cases so the 36mm should be the obvious choice but I love that blue dial (gutted its not available in the smaller option). If I went 36 it would be the black but I don't want to go for the larger one purely because of the dial and end up thinking it's too large and wishing I'd gone smaller.

I'd also be interested in seeing how much the bracelet tapers on the 36mm model, I understand the lug width is 17mm so would like to see how small it goes to at the clasp. I'm a metal guy so would be keeping this on bracelet.

I intend on visiting an AD at some point to try both on when things have calmed down a bit.

Thanks in advance.

01_754_7741_4065-07_8_20_22.jpg 01_754_7749_4064-07_8_17_22.jpg

·
Registered
147 Posts
I’d encourage you to try on the 36s when the current public health crisis is over. I have a 6.5” wrist and favor 36-38mm watches, but the 17mm strap size combined with the radical taper on the OEM 36mm pointer date strap makes it look very dainty, indeed. Other daily drivers include a Smiths Everest (36mm) and Rolex Date (34mm), both of which have a more typical men’s watch look than this Oris due to strap size. I’ve got mine on today and will post a picture below but I haven’t worn the OEM strap since day one of having the watch. That said, I do like that strap’s color for this watch and will be trying to find an 18 in that color that I can make fit. I’ve been wearing it on 18mm NATOs, which work okay.

Granted, today it’s on a blue suede strap that if anything makes it look more like a ladies’ watch but I never claimed to be consistent. Look also at the vintage pointer dates as they tend to be smaller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts