WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum here and am really enjoying it so far.I bought an Oris Titan Chrono 47mm last August and have not worn it too often and just recently have the Date get stuck between 30 & 31.It is unable to be adjusted manually or by time passing over midnight, anyone else had this problem?I have taken it back to my local dealer and they are sending it off to Oris,was just curious if this has happened before to anyone and how is the reliability of Oris?Thanks in advance all.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Have not heard that one. If the AD is sending it back, it will get fixed. ORIS from my understanding is reliable and well regarded here. I have a TT Titan.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have not heard that one. If the AD is sending it back, it will get fixed. ORIS from my understanding is reliable and well regarded here. I have a TT Titan.
Great, I was figuring so.Just love that watch and was hoping it was a fluke.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If you didn't wear it very often it stands to reason that you will have had to manually change the date each time you did, correct? If so, did you make sure not to do so between 9:00pm and 02:00 am as the manual says you should not change the date during this time as the mechanism is already engaged and you may damage the movement. If you have followed the manual's advice (and there are loads of people who don't:oops:) then it is probably just a one-off, I have quite a collection of Oris (although not that model) and haven't had any such problems with any of them.

Hope you get it back soon

Ian

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you didn't wear it very often it stands to reason that you will have had to manually change the date each time you did, correct? If so, did you make sure not to do so between 9:00pm and 02:00 am as the manual says you should not change the date during this time as the mechanism is already engaged and you may damage the movement. If you have followed the manual's advice (and there are loads of people who don't:oops:) then it is probably just a one-off, I have quite a collection of Oris (although not that model) and haven't had any such problems with any of them.

Hope you get it back soon

Ian
Yes I followed my manuals instructions and never set it between 22:00 and 2:00 as instructed and still had this problem.I think it might have not been done this way at the vendor I purchased it from,but who really knows.I am sure it will all work out and I will be as happy as ever once I get it back.

Thanks,

~Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts