WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The watch arrived the afternoon of Christmas Eve and my wife swiftly wrapped it in and placed it under the Christmas tree. Since we have a tradition of opening some Christmas gifts early, I got to open it earlier. ;)

The rubber bezel is a lot less obtrusive in person than it does in macros. The ceramic bezel looks beautiful, as do the wave pattern in the dial. The recessed dial in the deep case looks wonderful and the 3-dimensionality of it adds a lot of depth to the face.

The crown guards looks to be DLC coated metal. Some say that the watch needs the chrono pushers to make it more balanced around the CG area, but I think it looks fine as is. I like the chrono model as well, but the chrono model is a few millimeters thicker, and 51 mm wide vs this model, which is 49mm. On the wrist, it wears slightly bigger than a 44mm PAM sub. The height is also only about 1 or 2 mm more, but hardly noticeable. Since it is titanium, it is also fairly light for the size.

The fit and finish looks great. There are stickers everywhere on the bracelet and I haven't taken it all off yet. The bracelet contains removable full size links and half size links on both side of the signed push button clasp, making it easier to adjust to fit. It has a diver's extension as well.
Overall, I'm happy with it. It's powered by an SW-200 (same as ETA 2824-2) and it's very reasonable priced.

The thing that surprised me was the lack of a visible gasket on the crown tube, as I'm used to seeing the ones on the Rolex Triple Lock crowns. Any idea where the gasket is on this crown and crown tube?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Looking good!
Love the Oris range, and would like to see this in the flesh.
Enjoy!
Best regards
Aaron

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was just checking out the Oris website the other day and thinking that i hardly ever see any Oris Watches here on the Forum.
I am quite happy to see your post and the very professional looking pics!
Congratulations and enjoy!

·
Registered
879 Posts

My Oris says Hi! I also think that Oris doesn't get enough face time on the dive forum...For relatively low money you get a unique dive watch, swiss auto, ceramic bezel, and a super constructed case-bracelet-strap....One of the best deals in dive watches I think..Plus they have a great collection of dive watches...some might get turned off due to the lugs(lack of nato capability).....I get so many compliments on my 1000m titan C and have compared it to many watches my friends own that cost 3 to 4 times as much and my Oris blows them away!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. The bracelet appears to be held on by screws on both ends. Are they actual screws are they actually pins? I tried twisting on both ends (double headed screw) but it's pretty tight.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
There's a lot to like about that one! Very toolish with the rubberized bezel grip, but the dial has lots of refined details. Pretty frickin cool, I have to say. And thanks for the really nice photos. They look great! Congrats on an awesome Christmas gift!

·
Registered
21,047 Posts
Looks great!

I especially love this picture. I test wore the chronograph earlier this year and fell in love. How big is your wrist?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
About 7.25 inches. Not big, but the watch wears comfortably. I only wish the bracelet was all brushed since the polished outside links are a scratch magnet (well, hairlines), more so since they're titanium. If I can figure out how to take the bezel off safely, I'd brush the entire bracelet. I'm waiting to hear back from Topper Jewelers to see if I can purchase the rubber strap as well.

G

·
I'm sure it won't be a problem buying the rubber strap also, as this watch is available to buy with either fitted. I'm pretty sure that the rubber strap is the same item for the Pro Diver Date and Col Moschin models. The bracelet is fixed with screws, make sure you use good quality screwdrivers the correct size otherwise you run the risk of slippage and scratching the case or bracelet. I wear my Pro Diver Chrono on the rubber strap as I find it makes the watch wear a little smaller than the bracelet.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Congrats on your wonderful Christmas gift! why can't I ever get a gift like that... how big is your wrist? @49mm it doesn't look bad at all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts