WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a TT1 in black and based off of my ownership of that watch, I would definitely go with the Aquis. I love the ceramic bezel and updated look. But then again...you really couldn't go wrong with either! :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
As someone who just recently made this decision, I'd recommend the aquis. It's really unique in that it's not your typical diver, and adds a bit of flair with the kettle shaped body.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Old thread, but the Aquis 43mm has my vote. Very nice looking. I have an Omega PO2500, if I didn't I think this Aquis would be in my future.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Diver 65 42mm I had an aquis on rubber and I find the 65 on the tropics to be infinitely more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
I checked 65 blue sunburst/black dial and aquis blue sunburst dial. Both beautiful watch. I can’t choose one :(
But why oris didnt put ceramic bezel on 65...

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I checked 65 blue sunburst/black dial and aquis blue sunburst dial. Both beautiful watch. I can’t choose one
But why oris didnt put ceramic bezel on 65...

Wouldn’t be in keeping with the 65 part of the watch. May actually end up looking out of place on a vintage themed watch.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Would be in keeping with the 65 part of the watch. May actually end up looking out of place on a vintage themed watch.

Totally agree with this comment. A ceramic would be out of place on this watch. I recently got the 65 in blue and I was so impressed with the style, fit and finish that I ordered the green with nato. It will be arriving today!
I contemplated ordering an Aquis but chose another 65 for now.
After the watch fund recovers in a few months I plan on looking at the Aquis again.
Both seem to be a fantastic value and both are beautiful in their own way. good luck

·
Registered
280 Posts
I actually own both and I am a bigger fan of the Aquis but the 65 actually gets worn more due to its versatility (thinner case/less chunky) with dress shirts. However, every time I wear the Aquis blue/sunburst I fall back in love with it all over again. I dislike the integrated lugs on the Aquis which limits your choice of straps. Tough call.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi, all. Longtime visitor who is now a new member. I didn't want to create a new thread for my specific question about the 65 42mm. I just purchased the green-dial version with rubber strap. I thought the watch would look good on a tan strap but the 21mm lug width limits choices significantly if restricted to 21mm straps. I am very interested in the Hirsch Lucca Gold Brown strap which is available in 20mm and 22mm widths. There seems to be broad agreement going up 1mm in width is a preferred. My question is about the Lucca itself- it appears to be thick (6.8mm) at the lug ends. Would this present a concern to any of the experienced members with being able to squeeze it on?

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, all. Longtime visitor who is now a new member. I didn't want to create a new thread for my specific question about the 65 42mm. I just purchased the green-dial version with rubber strap. I thought the watch would look good on a tan strap but the 21mm lug width limits choices significantly if restricted to 21mm straps. I am very interested in the Hirsch Lucca Gold Brown strap which is available in 20mm and 22mm widths. There seems to be broad agreement going up 1mm in width is a preferred. My question is about the Lucca itself- it appears to be thick (6.8mm) at the lug ends. Would this present a concern to any of the experienced members with being able to squeeze it on?

Thanks for any advice!
Have fun! 4 pages of 21mm to look at. Some of their leather straps are quite nice JMHO and good luck

https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/collections/shop-by-size/21-mm

·
Registered
394 Posts
No doubt that aquis (at least that is my opinion), one of my oris favs, and they offer so much different coloring that I like

·
Registered
285 Posts
Neither watch is super expensive, especially if bought used. They are both amazing watches with two distinct styles. Why not own both? I own Oris Divers 65 42mm and I used to own the old pre-2017 Aquis. I am currently entertaining the idea of getting the new one.

Overall, Oris represents the best bang for the buck of any Swiss mechanical watch brand out there. QA is unparalleled and the price is LOW. Just buy both.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts