WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - I will soon by on the hunt for a 42mm Sixty Five and wanted to get some input from other owners. I have major OCD when it comes to divers bezels aligning with the dial and have no qualms asking sellers to check this before sending me a watch.

Is bezel alignment an issue I should look out for with the Sixty Five or with Oris watches in general? Or is the QC good enough that I can just order and expect whatever I get to be perfectly aligned?

·
Premium Member
72,334 Posts
I haven't got a 65 but the QC on Oris watches is such that I feel confident in saying that you will be O.K. Of course, in the unlikely event that it's not send it back under warranty.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've had no issues with Bezel alignment on my Aquis. Oris watches have a reputation for quality, however I have no experience buying from third part sellers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The QC during production at Oris will be "tight", the Swiss "love" QC, so I don't expect that you will have an issue with the bezel alignment. On the other hand, If you really obsessed with this item, I would either ask the seller to send a close-up picture or buy the watch at a retailer, so you can check for yourself.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's sad because the OP can never realistically ever own a Seiko diver :(
Ha! I actually own mostly Seiko divers (4 of 8 right now) but have had to hound sellers to double-check alignment and/or send them off to Jack at IWW to be realigned.

At this point, I just accept that my OCD is what it is, despite the extra money it's cost me in service charges and premiums buying from sellers I trust. And hence why I ask whether I need to worry about Oris alignment.

·
6,915 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
My advice is never expect perfection in an imperfect world and you won't be disappointed. I used to be an authorized Oris dealer and I can tell you that they are just as prone to faults as any other Swiss watch and perhaps a little more so than some. But that's what a warranty period is for isn't it.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
My advice is never expect perfection in an imperfect world and you won't be disappointed. I used to be an authorized Oris dealer and I can tell you that they are just as prone to faults as any other Swiss watch and perhaps a little more so than some. But that's what a warranty period is for isn't it.
Wondering if you are the Warren from Friends of Oris? If so, I bought I watch from you guys once years ago when you could still sell them all over the world. It was a BC3, and the watch was delivered with completely non-existent lume on the 2 index. Everything else was perfect on the watch, but somehow just this one index got missed and the famous Swiss QC missed it. Friends of Oris was super to deal with -- sent me shipping instructions that made returning the watch to Australia easy, and immediately replaced the watch with a new one. I think I had a new one on my wrist 6 days later.

Sorry if you're a different Warren, but I used to really like the Friends of Oris video reviews and their forum. I was sad to see Oris make it impossible for Friends of Oris to sell watches in the US.

Myron

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am going to ship mine back to the Oris service center. It is a beautiful watch, but all my lume shots highlight that I can never get the bezel to be on center. It is either just left or right of center. I am hoping this is covered by warranty, as I am still within that warranty period.

Oris-bezel-alignment-guides.jpg

·
Registered
991 Posts
I am going to ship mine back to the Oris service center. It is a beautiful watch, but all my lume shots highlight that I can never get the bezel to be on center. It is either just left or right of center. I am hoping this is covered by warranty, as I am still within that warranty period.
Yeah that would bother me too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts