WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any info about this Oris Star vintage. I saw this for sale yesterday and fell in love with it. I decided I had to have it without really doing any research into it :roll: I have not had time to take any decent pics of the watch yet or open it up so I have a few questions.

Does anyone know what movement Oris used in these watches?
Should the crown be signed.
Is there any place that has parts for these vintage watches?

94f9e831-ec77-4ed5-b8a6-793ee5649e3c_zpsf8dfa1da.jpg

f1aa6954-abcb-43be-ba36-70c4e1e282fd_zps31549ac2.jpg
Your help would be appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well it turns out that it has a 17j Cal 695 with a double escapement. I've just had it serviced and the watchmaker says it is in very good condition. I have cleaned the crumbling Tritium lume from the dial and just need to track down a crown for it and decide what type of strap to wear it on now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,

Did you find out much more about this watch? I picked up one recently as well, and would ideally like to clean the dial and get a new crystal. (if that's even possible).

cheers,
B

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well it turns out that it has a 17j Cal 695 with a double escapement. I've just had it serviced and the watchmaker says it is in very good condition. I have cleaned the crumbling Tritium lume from the dial and just need to track down a crown for it and decide what type of strap to wear it on now.

Do this movement have quick date set?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Do this movement have quick date set?
I have a similar aged Oris with not the same movement, but similar - and there's no crown position for the date but you can set it faster by winding between 19 and 01 over and over (roll the time forward until the date changes, then back to 7:00, then forward, etc)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a similar aged Oris with not the same movement, but similar - and there's no crown position for the date but you can set it faster by winding between 19 and 01 over and over (roll the time forward until the date changes, then back to 7:00, then forward, etc)
Thanks for the tip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts