WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I just got my Oris divers date (love it) and wonder wich kind of spring bars that are on the newer Divers. I have the springbars without screws. Also, how do i take out my spring bars?

IMG_0603.jpg ASdqwe.jpg

·
Premium Member
60,641 Posts
The DD uses pins to hold the strap on rather than spring bars (why they couldn't use screws I don't know). These pins have to be driven out to change the strap. There's a vid on how to do this on the FoO Forum (I hope WUS don't mind me mentioning another forum)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okey, but is it possible to change the pins for spring bars? Then it would be easier to change straps. Or would spring bars not be as reliable as pins? Also would it fit with regular springbars? the luggs are pretty big (look at pic, hope u will understrand what i mean :) )

9549447-origpic-ddc5b0.jpg

·
Premium Member
60,641 Posts
Spring bars are no less secure than pins otherwise the world would be full of watches falling off people's wrists. The DD is designed with lugs that take a full diameter pin rather than the reduced diameter end of a spring bar so even if you could get one to fit the DD it would be at constant risk of coming out since you would need one to fit your strap which just happens to be the same size as the holes in the lugs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts