WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
i have always had Oris watches, I think they are a brilliant brand.
Since the year 2000 I have had the following:
Oris full steal pointer day date
Oris Full steel Chronometer
Oris Classic
Oris Bc3 36mm
Oris Bc3 40mm
Oris Bc3 + 42mm

All these watches I bought and sold to buy my next Oris, except last year I gave my Bc3 + 42mm to my brother in law who had lost his job, but still did so much for his sister and me.

Having a family of 5 and plenty other priorities I did not want to spend too much, but wanted a new watch from an AD.
I am sorry to say that I felt the 2 Oris I was interested in just cost too much and they have recently gone up.
So I purchased a Longines Hydro Conquest, which was nearly half that of the Aquis.

I really wanted the ProPilot day date, which also cost much more.

I respect Oris for the fact that they have stuck with mechanical watches, they have mostly brilliant designs, they have an almost cult following, they are an independent company (as a Scot, we always side with the small guy or under dogs!) they are progressing with in-house movements, they are not part of some huge aggressive Swatch type company.

Just couldn't afford it this time, they have gone up significantly since 2011 when I purchased the BC3 +

·
Premium Member
71,277 Posts
Angus, I'm sure I have no need to tell you what cracking watches Oris make but even though they represent stunning value for money there's no denying that they are a bit rich when other things get first priority on your funds. Look at it this way - your next Oris isn't far off really.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Angus, I'm sure I have no need to tell you what cracking watches Oris make but even though they represent stunning value for money there's no denying that they are a bit rich when other things get first priority on your funds. Look at it this way - your next Oris isn't far off really.
I get the feeling that you are exactly right with that!
Oris is like Volkswagen for me.
Ive always had VW's, tried looking at others, but they are just not VW

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have a Longines hydro Conquest, as well as a bc4. Both great watches that I wear a lot. Excellent purchase IMHO.

FWIW I have no less than four divers: Seiko orange monster, the Longines, Christopher ward GMT and Tudor black bay.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've had my hydroconquest for a couple months and recently received the aquis, both great quality!

Will be looking into a 65 and a lld in the not so distance future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts