WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find adapters that will allow me to use my nato and zulu straps.

So far all I've found are these rubber ones. I'm sure I could cut them but I'd rather buy something made for my watch.

I've seen pictures ip1pgn.jpg

I don't want to resort to this post-6918-1249924821.jpg

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
71,255 Posts
I seem to recall that the adapters were home made by someone who just happened to have a machine shop handy. The jury is still out on whether notching a Nato so much would weaken it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I am also looking for a standard strap adapter for my Oris Aquis. The ultimate goal is to put the Oris on a Nato. I am surprised noone is selling them, seems like there is good demand for it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
GasGasBones does a strap for those, no mods necessary. Pic from the GGB website; credit where it's due..:) They only come in black I think, but it's something at least. You can choose the stitch color and buckle options though.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I love my aquis and luckily, I really like my ss bracelet and rubber strap but it would be nice to have the ability to mount a nato or leather strap. Obviously, not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I love my aquis and luckily, I really like my ss bracelet and rubber strap but it would be nice to have the ability to mount a nato or leather strap. Obviously, not a deal breaker.
The bracelet is very very well finished. It's also chunky, heavy and blingy. Now with any other watch I would simply swap the band...but I can't (not easily and certainly not affordably). If you want a non Oris option, you need a HARD TO FIND and EXPENSIVE custom made band. This is ridiculous! The Aquis is a great watch but I regret buying one because of this (I did not realize how few options really existed until I already had the watch). I have 15 watches and have never sold one but I will probably make an eception and let go of a brand that just can't play well with industry standards and limits my options. If you like having options with bracelets and bands, do not buy Oris folks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts