WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my first Oris -- TT1 Diver Date 300m. Really nice piece but I can't seem to figure out how to remove the spring bars.

Mine does not have screws, but rather what look like fat spring bars. On other watches I can usually pop them out using a straightened paper clip inserted through the hole in the lug, but these Oris spring bars won't budge. Am i doing something wrong? Thanks.

Tyler

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
You probably have to press both sides in at the same time and then pull the strap back because of the Oris lug design. :think:

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
the end of the springbars are rounded and you can slip off of them easy. maybe ask this in the oris forum. I changed mine, but it was a hassle.

·
Registered
70 Posts
They are not spring bars, they're friction pins. You'll need a small punch and hammer to drive them out. The bracelet, or strap, has a friction fit collar in the center which holds the pin.

There is tool available for this, but it's just as easy using a small pin punch and a jewelers hammer. All that's needed is a firm tap and the pin will move. If you're worried about scratches, you can always add tape over the lugs for protection.

Hope that helps,

Randy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts