WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Im new to the forum but have had my Oris since 2005. It's the TT1 1000m with titanium case
Ive had an issue with the AR coating on the inside of the crystal . Around the 2oclock position it seems as though the AR coating is coming off. I had the watch serviced but I don't seem to remember the marks being there before it went in for servicing. Can the AR coating peel off from excessive heat? Or was it just sloppy service work? ( I say excessive heat because my son put my watch on a light bulb and left it there till I noticed it ? ~half hour? ) thanks folks. Jeff

·
Premium Member
60,943 Posts
Hi Jeff, I'm not sure if heat can damage the AR coating but I do remember a member on another forum asking a similar question. He too wondered if the AR coating was damaged and he took it to the AD to be looked at under warranty. It turned out to be a finger mark on the inside if the crystal made during manufacture.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I will have the watch serviced and get them to check the underside for smudge marks. hey I was in and all over Yorkshire 13 yrs ago. It was gods country. Cheers!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts