WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had to choose just one as a daily tool watch?

I'm more inclined to keep the black one because of it's simplicity and invest in something slightly smaller as a second watch to compliment it.

Oris Aquis black dial?
Oris Aquis Clipperton?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
739 Posts
Clipperton, both because it’s smaller (thus less likely to get in the way or bang stuff or tire your arm out) and for the great blue color. Then get something even smaller.

·
Premium Member
8,441 Posts
Both would be suitable as a daily wear. However, for me, I would go with the black dial as a daily tool watch, and wear the Clipperton as a smart business/casual watch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Both would be suitable as a daily wear. However, for me, I would go with the black dial as a daily tool watch, and wear the Clipperton as a smart business/casual watch.
I thought about that but then the Diver 65 with bronze bezel caught my eye. I'm. Intrigued to see what that bronze bezel will do in time. Should add more character as it ages.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,383 Posts
Clipperton for me.
Or get the gradient blue. It fits nicely between the plain black and vibrant blue.
Also, I disagree with the post above about the Aquis wearing big...not true. The lugs are angled straight down, so it wears a lot smaller than its size would suggest. Also, I would suggest buying it on the bracelet.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I'll be honest - just flip a coin.

Reactions: NC_Hager626

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Clipperton with metal bracelet.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I agree with Mr. Jones...to me they wear small for the reason mentioned.

Regarding which color, what does your wardrobe look like? Would a black watch or a blue watch compliment it better?

·
Registered
8,744 Posts
Clipperton is the easy choice for me

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
Black dial. Not a fan of non matching bezel and dials for the most part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
Black dial. Not a fan of non matching bezel and dials for the most part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
Clipperton--size AND color are better--black dial divers are a dime a dozen, and really, the black dial looks too big on you (and no, Aquis is not "supposed" to be anything other than what it is).

1 - 20 of 36 Posts