WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a new Oris from a person who has a stamped warranty card that is undated. My question is not related to how I can screw Oris and have an infinite warranty, as many posts seem to go into on the warranty card topic. My question is whether or not Oris will have a record of the original sale, nullifying my warranty since I don't have the original sales date. I know companies like Rolex have those records. What about Oris?

·
Premium Member
60,943 Posts
I'm not sure what Oris have in place but as you probably know the standard warranty from Oris is 2 years which can be extended to 3 years by registering it with My Oris on the web site if bought from an AD. You need to supply the name of the AD, the serial number and the purchase date for this to take place so I suspect that Oris will be able to trace your watch to the AD it was supplied to and I'm guessing that the AD will inform Oris that they have sold the piece.

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. Everything you are saying makes sense, but you really aren't addressing the question about whether the date supplied on that site has to be the actual sales date due to Oris somehow being able to verify it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Why not go right to the source and ask the Oris, they'll give you the answer that you endorse....

You have to be a certain age to get that joke. I'd call Oris and ask them what the coverage would be.

Pedro D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts