WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I received my Aquis today and the case was not the traditional divers bell that I see all the time. It's a zipper case with a horseshoe like watch holder which you will see in the pics. I'm wondering about a few things. First, is this case authentic or fake? Second, if it is authentic which model does the case normally come with? I'm thinking I got a fake and yes I did my research on the seller before I made the purchase and he checked out. I also checked the makers stamp on the main plate and it's a Sellita. The watch itself seems to be legit but the boxes are throwing me off. Take a look. I plan on bringing this in to Topper Jewelers tomorrow as well just for my sanity.

·
Registered
47 Posts
not an expert...

the main box with book looks way legit just like the one that came with my titan c 47. my watch came in the diver bell case though. I think that they use to supply watches in those cases for a time period, earlier models came in different cases from what i've seen on forum sale sites. your case looks 100% authentic oris and by all means is more functional than my dive bell case, yeah it looks cool on a shelf but you can travel with yours if needed.

ps

just stumbled upon another post titled dating my oris something or other, a guy replied older models came in the dive bell newer ones coming in your style case... hope this makes you feel more confident

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
The box you got is authentic, my Maldives came in the same black outer box with the plastic one inside. Nothing fake there, have peace of mind!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine came with the same box. Someone here told me that the divers bell is the older box with the older models....
Amazing watch BTW!

·
Premium Member
71,355 Posts
Hi Beat, It's the real deal so relax - all the modern divers come in that style of case. I'm not sure if Oris may indeed use that for all their watches now. Only the older divers came in the divers helmet style case so rest assured that your Aquis has come in the correct case. :-!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
looks authentic to me too, my blue dial diver came in the same boxes, two thumbs up

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet:) I'm loving the new Aquis, very robust watch but subtitle in the same respect. I'll get some pics up soon.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've seen several of those cases on WUS so I think you're fine. You're not missing anything with the helmet case. It's bulky, plastic, and a pain in the @$$ to open.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts