WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!

i'm thinking it will a Diver 65 variation by the looks of the surfboard. no idea if i am gonna cop one, but considering the premium for flipping those limited plastic Swatches, and that recent Seiko Alpinist, i really don't want to miss out this time...

just hope that wherever Hodinkee puts their name on it, that it's nicely hidden on the back. ;)

i'm predicting it will cost $3,500-4,500 (wide range i know).

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Interesting. Hopeful for anither variant on either the Divers 65 Chronograph or Aquis 'Blue Whale' Chronograph.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My main prediction, mostly based on the surfing imagery, is that they are going to try to appeal to a millennial, young professional/mid-30s "cool Hamptons dad" look. I feel like Oris is a company that definitely wants to break into the men's fashion scene, and Hodinkee can facilitate that well. Surfing is becoming a big trend, even here in NYC. Plus Hodinkee probably notices the fact that you don't see many Oris watches around in SoHo (where their offices are).

Also, whatever it is, it will definitely have to have at least 100m water resistance. Saw someone in another thread say it might be a Big Crown Pointer date in a new color. DOUBT IT. Has to appeal to the Montauk surf dad, based on that promo photo.

EDIT (Post thoughts): I should probably have mentioned that I see Hodinkee's "image" as pure NYC SoHo fashion elitism and this seriously influences my prediction.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My main prediction, mostly based on the surfing imagery, is that they are going to try to appeal to a millennial, young professional/mid-30s "cool Hamptons dad" look. I feel like Oris is a company that definitely wants to break into the men's fashion scene, and Hodinkee can facilitate that well. Surfing is becoming a big trend, even here in NYC. Plus Hodinkee probably notices the fact that you don't see many Oris watches around in SoHo (where their offices are).

Also, whatever it is, it will definitely have to have at least 100m water resistance. Saw someone in another thread say it might be a Big Crown Pointer date in a new color. DOUBT IT. Has to appeal to the Montauk surf dad, based on that promo photo.

EDIT (Post thoughts): I should probably have mentioned that I see Hodinkee's "image" as pure NYC SoHo fashion elitism and this seriously influences my prediction.
I agree it won't be a Big Crown; that was last year's feature watch for Oris, not this. Also not consistent with the surfing pic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The copy on the main Hodinkee website is “ready, set, dive.” So my prediction is another LE Divers 65 Chronograph like the Carl Brashear LE. Probably not in bronze, even though that’s a “thing” Hodinkee would like, only because that’s what Oris did the Brashear in. Knowing Hodinkee and their love for women’s size watches, it will probably be a “perfect” 32mm... :roll:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
An Omega Seamaster... WTF??!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
no idea if i am gonna cop one, but considering the premium for flipping those limited plastic Swatches, and that recent Seiko Alpinist, i really don't want to miss out this time...
Speaking of those limited plastic Swatches, I was able to purchase the blue Hodinkee Swatch last week on the Swatch site. It is sold out again now, but they had at least one back in stock.

Back on topic: I am excited to see this edition, but for all the special editions that Oris makes, I still haven't found one I like as well as my original 65 with the funky numerals. There is a good chance any Hodinkee version won't have a date window, so that could make it pretty sweet.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Might be an Aquis variant seeing as the Revolution LE was as recent as March.

Looking forward to seeing the reveal.

·
Registered
355 Posts
In a recent article kicking off Hodinkee’s dive week, they said, “It's officially summer and things are heating up in the HODINKEE Shop. In honor of our favorite season we are hosting a month of content dedicated entirely to dive watches. Expect dive-focused content, products, and perhaps a limited edition to celebrate”

Therefore, I am pretty sure it will be a dive watch and not something else like a pointer date.

Pretty sure it will be the 65 rather than an aquis since it keeps to Hodinkee’s leanings towards vintage vibes.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Might be an Aquis variant seeing as the Revolution LE was as recent as March.

Looking forward to seeing the reveal.
Actually that's why I think it will be a Diver's 65, Wei Koh of Rev and Rake is friend with Ben Klymer and while Koh's taste in watches is far more eclectic, they tend to be of the same mind, Rake even did a ltd edition Tag that was inspired by Hodinkee's Ltd Ed Tag Skipper.... I could be wrong of course....

I hope its a 42mm version with a unique dial color and the non vintage lume. But knowing Hodinkee I'd put my money on a 38mm.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah but the 65 is going to be way more appealing to the new-age surfer bro (RE: promo photo above). I'm thinking 40mm, maybe 38mm as the Oris x Hodinkee compromise. Doesn't matter that they already did so many 65 variants, because these will sell out super quick regardless if they end up looking dumb.

1 - 20 of 236 Posts