WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never really seen a post about this watch. They are available for $499.00 brand new when they are available. Is there another 300M diving watch with a 2824-2 movement that is higher quality than this watch for the same money?

The only thing I am not crazy about is the 60-click bezel. I want a 120.

I want comparable watches that are this price, not for $100 more, or $499.00 used, but $499.00 brand new and at this quality level or higher.

Is the Ocean7 LM-4 for $499.00 available yet? Anyone have that watch?

What do you think?

Thanks
-Bobby

·
G-Shock Mod
14,334 Posts
i like SAR better with great bezel, great lume and sapphire crystal, but slightly more expensive if you buy new

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
How about an Ocean7 LM-3 for $699.00, 1000m and fantastic quality, your choice of blue, black, or orange dials! Can't go wrong with any of the Ocean7's!

Happy hunting, Mike W.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
easy. get a zeno airplane diver for under 500 bucks shipped. its the same size case but much heavier, 500m eta 2824-2. I don't think you can beat that one for the price. I know marc had a sale on them at longislandwatch
for 399.00 at one time. the marathon, although good, new will be over your price point. also you may end up with a selitta sw200 instead of a eta 2824 when getting the ocean. thats a good question to ask when buying the lm-3.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Arent ocean7's on back order? Even if you pay $699.00 you'll be waiting for months.
Both the Reef ranger and Zeno are good choices as well. Only down fall about the zeno is the mineral crystal. Whats the big deal about spending a bit extra and adding a sapphire?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The Sea Angler is not out yet, so it is difficult to say what's better and what isn't. There's more to the quality of a watch than merely what movement is slotted into it. Two different brands might use the same 2824 movement (the same grade, even), list comparable specs and yet be of significantly different quality.

Regarding Orsa, I will say that you should definitely do a search on the company on this and other watch forums. Many have been happy with their Orsa experience, but many have also been ... well, unhappy would be putting it mildly -- both in terms of QC and customer service. I'd rather not stir things up by going into detail, especially since I've never owned an Orsa. But ... do your research.

As you can see clearly from their site and their forum, the LM4 is not available. Accurate, up-to-date info on Ocean7 watches is ridiculously easy to obtain: the owner, Mitch, monitors the subforum here nearly constantly -- and responds. Incidentally, if you're going for a dive watch, by most definitions, the LM4 doesn't qualify. (though I admit it's an appealing watch.)

At your price point (below it, actually) I would check out the Precista PRS 17A and PRS 18A, both made by Timefactors.

I have never really seen a post about this
watch. They are available for $499.00 brand new when they are available. Is there another 300M diving watch with a 2824-2 movement that is higher quality than this watch for the same money?

The only thing I am not crazy about is the 60-click bezel. I want a 120.

I want comparable watches that are this price, not for $100 more, or $499.00 used, but $499.00 brand new and at this quality level or higher.

Is the Ocean7 LM-4 for $499.00 available yet? Anyone have that watch?

What do you think?

Thanks
-Bobby

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
I think the Sea Angler is a nice watch but have to agree with the lack of customer service, but I think that has improved as of late. For the price they are charging for it, I think its well worth it.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
I still have a number of them. they were worth what I paid. but when the Zeno arrived I knew that it was a better watch. fit and finish is better. the precista is something to look into.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Right now I have 4 of the Sea Anglers and love them. Agree on the Zeno also I have 2 of those. b-) And the Reef Ranger is great too. |>

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Just a quick note on the LM-3 back-order comment, as far as I know Mitch has all three dial choices in stock and ready to ship...

Mike W.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I don't exactly know about the specs and quality comparison, but isn't the Zodiac Oceanaire right at $500?

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
I forgot about the seastar, but I thought we were talking about good watches?:-d the zodiac is out. they discontinued it after repeted complaints about the cl88 movement. apparently it was made to self distruct after 30 days.|>

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Yep, the Zeno is a sweet watch too :)

and love the Debaufre Triton at just a shade over $500.

I haven't had any problems with my Sea Angler or my Zodiac Oceanaire. In my opinion the nicest finish of them all is the Zeno though they are pretty close. I would have liked a crown guard on the Zeno but I suppose it would make the massive case even more massive and out of balance. I like the crown best on the Zodiac, none of my other watches have as many turns. To me the Sea Angler and Triton crowns are just a bit on the unsure side, the Triton because of its' crown guards and positioning, and the Angler just doesn't thread as nice as others that I own.

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The triton was definitely on my list as well. If I had to buy new, I would have gotten the Triton. I got a used Dievas Oceantimer 1330 and I love it. I will be content for a while now. Then I want a chrono or maybe a Panerai clone.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have both the Orsa Sea angler and the Stingray (Zeno, Mondia) 500Meter. The Stingray is ten times the watch the Orsa is. You can find them from a Swiss seller on Ebay for just under $600 its also the best bracelet you will ever see. Do a search on the forum. I do love the Orsa mainly due to mine being on a watchado bracelet..hope that helps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts