WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I got my visa granted last week :-! so me and my Speedy Pro will be swapping 10 degrees Glasgow, Scotland, for 30 degrees Adelaide, Australia, and I will be Down Under on January 6 with the Aussie other half - anyone already based there? Would love to hear from you ...

UKJ

·
Registered
26 Posts
we shall welcome you with open arms...just make sure your wearing the speedy when your coming out of the plane!

Hi folks,

I got my visa granted last week :-! so me and my Speedy Pro will be swapping 10 degrees Glasgow, Scotland, for 30 degrees Adelaide, Australia, and I will be Down Under on January 6 with the Aussie other half - anyone already based there? Would love to hear from you ...

UKJ

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi folks,

UKJ
Hey mate, im currently in Glasgow where the sun out :-! but for 2 years i was living in Perth WA. I came home because my wife was homesick but i think i will still go back to get my citizenship.
I never made it to Adelaide while down under but good luck with the move. It will be tougher than you think.;-)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I'm not in Adelaide, but in Sydney. Welcome anyways mate. You're going to the capital city of South Oz with the unenviable reputation for having the worst tasting water in Australia:-d

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey MoonMan,
I'm in Adelaide. Welcome, i'm sure you'll find it a great place to live. Good food, good wine and a quaint little place. The water isn't too bad, but i have been raised on it, so maybe its gone to my head and I cant tell any more! Only 2 Omega ADs though and one isn't to flash. Good luck for the move

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yeah, Sydney just gets waterborne parasites and other contaminants:-! Remember the giardia scare of 10 or so years ago - everyone boiling water. But at least ours tastes allright - sorry Finchy:-d

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Worst tasting water in Australia? I was just planning on drinking cold Coopers :think:
As for ADs, I may just have to stop off at the Omega store in Heathrow on the way over - I think I deserve to be treated by my girlfriend for making such a big commitment :-!
And finally ... after eight months of wearing the Speedy I have only now decided that the bracelet is too loose, although I don't really mind it that way. However, I understand that when in the heat your wrist expands so, in fact, the sizing may actually be OK once I arrive. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts