WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On channel flicking recently I came across a shopping channel on Sky (other providers are available LOL) dedicated to watches. It is based in LA but broadcasts specifically to the UK & Ireland. The presenter, who admittedly was easy on the eye, was selling the Citizen Red Arrows limited edition which caught my eye as I have the ProMaster with a similar module.

However, during her sales pitch, she mentioned in excess of 6 times how the watch receives 'satellite' signals to make it so accurate! The only time this watch would interact with a satellite is if one fell out of the sky and smashed in to it! Her knowledge was woeful, and even if she's employed just to look pretty, you'd think someone would take her aside for 20 minutes and teach her how the watch actually survives on old fashioned radio signals! :think:

Anyone buying this who wasn't clued up and thinking they got a satellite watch will be mightily disappointed. I'm curious, in the USA do you have any consumer legislation preventing sellers telling lies about what they are selling? I also wonder how it works for an American based company selling directly to the UK?

red arrows comparison.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
Haven't got a clue on the legislation side of things, but am interested to find this channel! What number is it on?

Also, I'm taking it that it is a channel dedicated to selling to the UK? Any mention of shipping and import tax costs if so?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Stephen, I'd just enjoy the 'eye candy' for what it's worth! :-! :-d

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Servus and Dxnnis

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts
So....a shopping channel based in LA, but targets a primary audience outside the U.S.??? Isn't that weird? :think:

I've never heard of it. But yes, you'd think that salespeople would care enough to learn the details of their products.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haven't got a clue on the legislation side of things, but am interested to find this channel! What number is it on?

Also, I'm taking it that it is a channel dedicated to selling to the UK? Any mention of shipping and import tax costs if so?
It's on Sky No. 676 (not broadcast 24/7 but most times).

As for postage, standard UK stuff, either occasionally free or £9.95 shipped via DHL, I'm pretty sure it is shipped from UK or at least Europe, with 2 to 3 day delivery promised. Yes, I guess she is of standard 'eye candy' calibre and could be selling nail polish for all she cares LOL

v channel presenter LoRes.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
It's on Sky No. 676 (not broadcast 24/7 but most times).

As for postage, standard UK stuff, either occasionally free or £9.95 shipped via DHL, I'm pretty sure it is shipped from UK or at least Europe, with 2 to 3 day delivery promised. Yes, I guess she is of standard 'eye candy' calibre and could be selling nail polish for all she cares LOL

View attachment 14634073
Cheers, might take a look sometime.

BTW - That is definitely not eye candy for me!!

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW - That is definitely not eye candy for me!!
To be honest, not me either - I'm more into the older lady, but that's a whole new thread LOL :-d

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts