WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cam with a HEMI. I love the way it drives and the power that comes with it. What kind of truck do you drive

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I have no need of a lorry. ;-)

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
We used to have a 6 cylinder extended cab Toyota Tacoma 4X4, until the baby was born. We now have an 8 cylinder Toyota 4Runner. I love the comforts of the 4Runner, but sure do miss the fun of the Tacoma.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
2006 Ford F150 with 5.4 L V-8.
I need a truck... I pull a 33foot travel trailer. This summer I pulled it to Disney World where my family and I stayed at Fort Wilderness for over 2 weeks.

I have pictures of all my $40 watches but none of my $22,000 truck.... ;-)

-Gawain

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
My daily driver is a white '96 Toyota Tacoma with the 3RZ-FE (2.7L) 4-banger. One of the first things that I did to it was to strip off all the "Tacoma" emblems off, and replace them with some phat "Hilux" emblems from Australia..

It's been through heck and back and is still running like a champ. ;-)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Sadly no truck, here in the Netherlands the gas prices are much to high.
So i drive a citroen saxo 1.6i VTR and while on trip with the family and my dogs an opel astra 1.6 16v station car.
Really would drive a jeep or pick up but it far to expensive here.

Grtz and enjoy your great trucks and pickups.

[email protected].

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Are you kidding? I live in Georgia... its a law. :)

Yep, 1994 GMC 1500 work truck. When I bought it I had my own company and did a lot of ropes course construction. And im the first and only owner and its paid for. yeah, the gas crunch hurts, but not as bad as a new payment on something! :) Plus, my wife and I commute together most of the time in her Subaru.

Old blue has been around a while... shes not pretty, but she runs like a champ and will go faster than I would ever need. And living in the woods the truck is quite useful for carrying limbs, dirt, dogs, or anything else! :)

My only pic is from an ice storm a few years back...

·
Registered
439 Posts
2000 Dodge Ram 2500, V-8, automatic, extended cab, full size bed, towing and camper package, no-slip rear differential, AM/FM radio. No air conditioning, no power windows, no power locks, no cd player, no alarm system, no cloth seats, no carpeting, no whining allowed. ;-)

I am the original owner, paid it off 4-5 years ago (if it matters).

mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
Used to have a Landrover 90 Defender v8. Loved it, but had to go :-( when the kids arrived :).

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Around here, pickup ownership is a way of life. Everyone from teenagers, to soccer moms, to senior citizens, own a pickup of one sort or the other. And if it's not a pickup, then it's an SUV built off a pickup platform... ;-)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't want to be a partypooper but seing stuff like this makes me glad i don't have a truck. I've seen the same results with a Hummer being worse than a Ford Fiesta <| A Landrover also came poorly out of the crashtests and of course trucks rollover much faster which is deadly.

People literraly bond with their trucks :-d

http://paultan.org/archives/2005/11/08/mini-cooper-vs-ford-f-150-crash-test/

Just be sure you check out how they survive such tests before buying something that looks cool.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra 4x4. Double cab in Black. 283 hp and 283 ft. lbs. of torque. It is the best truck. Tons of power, horrible gas mileage, and room for the 2 kids, both in car seats (4 & 1). I pull a boat and use the 4x4 for getting into remote hunting spots and driving the crappy roads in Mexico's Baja Peninsula. I feel like I'm in a tank and can run over those tiny american cars and imports. Mike:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've been driving a 2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab for the last 2 years, and love it. About the only other Truck/SUV I'd even consider would be the 4Runner. I'm about done with the OEM set of tires (55K), so I'm going to get some Revos probably, +1 one size, as that should fit without any modifications or lift kit.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
My planet-destroying days are behind me.

I've just traded down to a new A Class, the "baby Benz" - it does over 40 MPG and I love it. :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts