WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned in the WRUW thread Wed, that I would mention more when I got home. Yesterday was a miserable snowy cold day. But it was scheduled and I wasn't going to let my sponsors down. Proceeds went to the MWA children's fund.

The temp was around 30℉ and windy with snow. The first 3 miles sucked, but then it was a nice feeling.

One thing I can say is today I am sore. Not used to that distance any more. I'm good for 5 now and struggled at the end, but I made it. ( I wanted the medal...LOL)

Sent from Capt. Kirk's communicator

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh heck no, I was more concerned with the pulse rate~

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't blame you 10 miles is out of my league.
View attachment 11205402
Last real events I've done were the Never Quit run, and a mud run in 2011. I did it ( for the medal) and $1 a mile from 16 people to go to provide entertainment for deployed military children. They get bowling night, roller skating, and other activities at Base locations.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Great work on the run! 10 miles is quite a good distance. Impressive.

I run 3-4 miles every other day, and that is enough for me. At my gym we have a cushioned track, so my knees are happy about that. I don't wear a watch unless I am not wearing my contacts, then I'm blind and need a watch to keep track of time. The DW-5600E is my go to in that situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts