WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the 007 for couple of weeks now and have to say what a great watch and unbelievable VFM. On a super oyster bracelet and to be honest I am struggling to allow it to get a beating.....GShock here I come lol

works great rotating with the AT which I still rate as one of the most comfortable watches to wear anywhere.

was a bit concerned having read reports of poor accuracy but during two weeks of rotation with time on the winder it has only lost 5 sec. Seems to speed up with daily wear inc the odd run but slows on the winder.

Also now realise I will be ok with the 42mm PO which is still on my wish list

Thanks to you guys on here that gave the positive reviews, wish I grabbed one long ago.

image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Re: Grabbed a SKX007j as a beater and like it a lot

congratulations Hilly - good choice, the SKX007 is a fab watch.

I got my beater just last week - an Orient Mako Pepsi. I was a bit torn between them both until I saw the Mako for just £85 on Amazon. I can definitely see me getting the SKX007 before too long though :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

Great classic Seiko :-!

I have several Seiko divers, mostly vintage from 70's including 6105's and 6309's but the SKX's is a great watch and pretty tough. As for accuracy they are generally reasonably accurate

·
Registered
5,471 Posts

Glad you like it. I prefer the rectangular hour markers on my SKX173, but otherwise it's the same watch. I wore mine while working at my son's Eagle Scout project, and it only got a chip on the crystal (landscaping project for a charity), so they're pretty tough. $25 later it was good as new.

However, I'm confused because for 82 days between 2/5 and 4/28 it only lost -3.2 seconds a day on the winder. But then I wore it for a day or two and put it back on the winder, and over the next 17 days it lost -19.8 seconds a day!

I have no explanation for the rate change, that it lost less time over the previous 12 weeks than the next 2 weeks. Thinking about taking it to the dealer that sold it to me for advise, since it may still be under warranty (2 yr old).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts