WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who might not have heard, Amazon has released an "Our Positions" page: https://www.aboutamazon.com/our-company/our-positions

WITHOUT getting into any political discussion, let me just say that I strongly disagree with some of their positions. Like Amazon's positions, MY positions are also "carefully considered and deeply held."

Apparently the Amazon CEO thinks they have to be a social justice and/or political platform rather than simply a company that provides great service and products. :roll::roll: While I agree with Bezos that there is always room for discussion and debate (but NOT here), I will not support a company that backs some of the causes listed. That's just how I roll. :-d

Please do not get into any specifics here from either that page or your own views. I don't think anyone is interested, and it's against forum rules to discuss politics. I only bring this to your attn in case any of you feel the way that I do and choose to do your business elsewhere. Also, please do not PM me about this stuff. I do not wish to engage in any discussion or details about it. TY. ;-)

Too bad. I was an Amazon customer since 1997. Prime member for longer than I can remember. No more... But, plenty of other places from which to buy watches - and everything else. ;-)

·
Premium Member
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If no discussion is wanted, why post? I say this with all respect to your values.

There is only 1 I disagree with.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

I only bring this to your attn in case any of you feel the way that I do and choose to do your business elsewhere. ;-)
This is why...

But to be clear - I am NOT trying to influence anyone one way or the other. And I personally do not care who supports Amazon and who doesn't. My intention is to INFORM people about something that might be important to them.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Is this really Amazon's opinion or sarcasm or just a random website pretended to be part of Amazon... I just find it strange that an Amazon page would start with aboutamazon.com... if this was Amazon's real page would it have not been amazon.com/about...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.