WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all.. sorry for posting so much everywhere these last few days.. Its really slow at work from time to time. People are still on vacation and all servers are keeping in line with what they are told.. so I got a lot of "spare" time.. ehum. :-x

Ok.. I remember reading about the actual collection obsession and its the actual hunt for something that are most fun.. and the wait. Then when you have it you are happy but the "adrenaline" are gone and you are already looking for the next "fix".

So my question to G-shock members.. what more "obsessions" do you have?

Here are mine as an example.
- Espresso (the actual making of a single/double shot of espresso, beans machines etc)

- Limited edition DVD editions from Asia and US. For example. Old Boy Ultimate handmade copper box, JP release of I robot (Sony head replica) etc..

- Plush Snowmen from Gotta Get Gund

- latest obsession is G-shocks...

Obsession is what it is.. more then a hobby I would say or?. :-s

·
Registered
747 Posts
:) Coins (mostly gold, some platinum and a few silver). My two favorite coins:

·
Registered
234 Posts
hi cutepape

my other "obessions" would include - gaming PS3 - ds lite etc...
i also like my AV
(DVD collecting also...)
i also have the Sonny head. an awesome piece of packaging..
along with the Alien head and the predator head. i will post some pictures on monday of my collection for you.
would you mind posting a picture of the OLD BOY boxset?
i went throught a phase of collecting Matrix stuff.
most versions of the DVD's , models , standies, posters.
o i also collected action figures by mcfarlane..

it rubs of a lot from my father in law who collects cd,vinyl,dvd and boxsets.

regards

sereph

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I've gone through many a fad but am pretty much stuck with watches now. I tend to hyper focus on my interests and have to be careful not to remortgage the house sometimes! Luckily I'm crazy over G-Shocks not Rolex's!

I went through a brief but weird phase of buying swords of ebay (started after buying a replica 'Kill Bill' one!) Bit strange that one which luckily I came to my senses about!

I then became mildly addicted to online gaming especially World of Warcraft, (not that I'm a geek of course!) but just don't have to the time to play these days with work and family coming first.

So my main interest now apart from Gym and watching films is collecting watches and browsing this strange forum!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Cutepape, I'd love to see a pic of your Old Boy limited edition! One of my favourite films wasn't aware that limited packaging even existed.

I'm also a fan of Asian films, in particular 'A Tale of Two Sister' 'Ichi the Killer' and the Vengeance trilogy. Not to mention the basic horrors, Ringu, Grudge(Ju-on) etc etc

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
That headphone amp is a nice looking thing, I must say... I used to spend a lot of time on hi-fi, but have now managed to convince myself that what I have is all that I need.

My other main interest is jazz. I subscribe to magazines, read books, browse catalogues, keep lists, and so on. Naturally, my CDs are all in artist/date order. ;-)

Oh and recently, I've been a bit keen on mechanical pencils.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I started collecting functional, traditionally made swords (not replicas), but it quickly became very expensive. I prefer watches because you can use/wear them. The few swords I still have are higher maintainence than all my watches put together.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hoochy,

found some old pictures from the first day I open the packaging :)
Note:
as you can see the backs of the sleeves were damaged since they were torn against the copper door. This was resolved 3 weeks later when the manufacturer sent out replacement sleeves if you emailed them. Really nice of them to do that without any cost for the customer at all.

Sereph,

DS lite, Wii and PSP is also something I love to play when I get time.. unfortunately not to often now days :(
I collected the Clive Barker Tortured Souls collections.. had them all in a glas cabinett before I moved over to Dublin.. now they are in a box :(
Do you have the Matrix Neo bust too? The acrylic 10DVD collection set? I bought it but have no place to put it.. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I have never had an obsessive/addictive personality which makes it hard for me to get people's obsessions. However, I've always been into wildlife, planting trees and recreating habitat. Like a non-hyper Crocodile Man...I wish I could buy a bottle of what ever he was on.:-d

I did have a fascination with watches when I was little, but my parents completely discouraged me from it. Year after year, they refused to get me a watch. I had to look on with envy at all my school mates who had watches. :po| :-x Parents are such idiots. :-d

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Where should I start ?

Past obsessions : films (especially film noir and Sci-Fi), motorbikes, victorian lit, guitar amplifiers, dictionaries, doom, theatre, music

Current : watches, guitar music ( esp jazz, classical, flamenco ) , online simulation games with Sci-Fi themes, motorbikes, linux, data.

Ummm...are we talking obsessions or addictions here ? ;-)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kooter,

your flashlights seems really hightech!!

you will probably laugh now..

I bought my dad a Maglite Charger last Xmas.. We used them in the security cars for a company I used to work for. Remember using them as hammers sometimes. Really sturdy construction and I liked them alot.. specially for the re-chargable part..

Im also curious as Lexxorcist about the brand?

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I don't share these hobbies, but here's my little bit of overlap. I have a variety of different sized Maglites with Luxeon LED's too. The 2001 DVD comes with a celluloid frame from the movie reel. I won't post my swords in case it contravenes rules.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
you will probably laugh now..

I bought my dad a Maglite Charger last Xmas..
Although Maglites are pretty much yesterday's news now, despite their Luxeon range, you still see them featured a lot on TV. They were very heavily featured in the series Torchwood. I bought my first AA Maglite off a friend about 15 years ago. He had it attached to his bike which fell in the canal. He didn't manage to retrieve his bike but he recovered the Maglite. I gave him a few pounds for it for his fare home. It only packed in about 2 years ago. They're still good, hard wearing torches if you don't want to spend a small fortune. :-!

·
Registered
754 Posts
PC, PC games and movies.

Wish I had the resources to indulge in a little Rolex or flashy European cars hobby though. :-s

Hope to pick up a handheld, either PSP or NDS Lite, by the end of the year.

And hope to get a better paying job too...... o|

1 - 20 of 61 Posts