WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Vendor
18,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We just wrapped up a few days of the Couture Show at the Wynn Las Vegas, where we had a little more hands-on time to spend with Omega's 2017 novelties, including the newly revised 38mm and 41mm Master Chronometer Aqua Terra watches, along with the all-new 40mm Railmaster Master Chronometer (our Baselworld hands-on can be found here) - the latter of which, will technically be joining the Aqua Terra collection.

I'll start off by saying these are all watches that you've probably seen before, but since this is the first time that Topper has been able to get a round of wrist impressions under some warm, natural light, we thought them worth revisiting. It's also nice to spend a little more time with the collection well away from the frenzied pacing at Baselworld where we collected our first impressions.

The sunlight hides the beautiful brushing on the black dial of ref. 220.12.40.20.01.001, worn here on the handsome tweed strap

Stepping into the shade with ref. 220.10.40.20.06.001 (gray dial variant) on bracelet. The brushing on this dial is far more pronounced

The new Naiad locking caseback design ensures the Hippocampus engraving is upright like this, on each and every Railmaster

ref. 220.12.41.21.06.001 (41mm w/ bar on strap) - The new horizontal 'teak' dial motif now has alternating thicknesses, which creates a very dynamic effect under the sun

41mm ref. 220.13.41.21.01.001 - Even the black dial jumps to life under the right light

38mm ref. 220.23.38.20.03.001 - This new blue and rose gold combination is truly electric in the Nevada sun

38mm ref. 220.12.38.20.02.001 - This new white-dialed combination is sure to be a classic - note that the solid bars at 12 and 6:00 are part of the stitched rubber strap, and not the case itself. They're designed to yield a neat, integrated on-wrist look, but rest assured normal straps will fit the lugs on the new Aqua Terras

38mm - Here's the Superluminova fully charged by the sun (no UV torch used here) and glowing brightly under very light shade

Remember, as always, if you'd like to pre-order one of these watches from the new Omega collection, please call Topper Jewelers at 888-730-2221 or email [email protected] (don't forget to include your phone number, and the best time we may reach you!) to make one yours. For those looking forward to trying them on firsthand, we should be receiving them in-store very soon!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Great--thank you Rob. I've avoided a new watch for over a year now but that new Railmaster speaks to me.

What is the clasp like on the stainless bracelet--any micro adjustments? The EasyLink on my Explorers has me spoiled!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Didn't realize Omega was releasing new ATs in all those colors. All the press I saw following basel just had white/orange and gold 41mms and a blue 38mm. Is the new 38mm coming in anything other than blue?

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
18,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't realize Omega was releasing new ATs in all those colors. All the press I saw following basel just had white/orange and gold 41mms and a blue 38mm. Is the new 38mm coming in anything other than blue?
Just updated the post with a few more images, including two more 38mm options: the blue & rose gold combination, and the white dial, which I think will be quite popular.

·
Vendor
18,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want the tweed strap. Not sure for what watch, but I want it.

The railmaster is really really growing on me.
Oh, you mean this strap? It's extremely nice, and a perfect match for this watch.

·
Premium Member
13,764 Posts
very nice timepieces, thanks for sharing

·
Vendor
18,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rob, which color did you like the most while looking at them.
That's an excellent question - they're both extremely nice in person, but I prefer the black Railmaster on the tweed strap as it has a hint of classic avant-garde, which I really like. There are certain angles on the black where you do not immediately see the brushing, but once in the right light, it just hits you, which is a very cool feeling.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I like the new Railmaster.. But the new AT, not so much. Glad I got the vertical teak AT.

Reactions: Iliyan

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I'm curious about the bracelet/clasp of the new AT. Hope to see pics of the bracelet and clasp over the next few weeks..

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.