WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

LANGE

First let's take a look at one of our absolute favorite brands, as we're big fans of German watches, Lange, and some of their gorgeous new models.

This is the new Triple Split, and it may be getting the most attention of any new watch at the moment. It's the first mechanical split-seconds chronograph that also allows multi-hour comparative time measurements. They're exclusively in white gold and only making 100.

Its incredibly elaborate movement, really a work of art.

I was almost as impressed with this new Saxonia Thin, however. Its dial is coated with copper-blue goldstone and it does a convincing impression of a starry night sky, twinkling and all. I'll upload a video of this later because it looks a lot different than the photos suggest.

This new watch is called the "Little Lange 1," part of a collection of three Lange 1s (also available with a brown or pink dial) aimed at women. These are 36.8mm, a slightly more palatable size for those with smaller wrists.

For fans of moon phases, there's this delightfully subdued Saxonia Moon Phase.

Or, if you'd prefer not to have a moon phase, there's also this Saxonia Outsize Date model.

Finally, we look at the new pink gold/black dial 1815 chronograph.

ZENITH

Next we'll have a look at Zenith's 2018 offerings at their Geneva Days event.

Zenith is expanding its heritage-inspired chronographs two new flavors of the TIPO CP-2. You can get it in this new bronze case or an aged steel one, both more vintage-inspired than the last.

Unsurprisingly, Zenith has chosen to greatly expand their recent Defy El Primero 21 with new blue, black (case) and gold models. They've even added two versions covered in diamonds.

More new Lange pics:

More new Zeniths

IWC Photos

IWC has a really nice showing here with a ton of watches with one of our favorite combinations, white dials and blued hands. I'd suggest that IWC may have the biggest new watch launch of anyone this year. More photos to come.

Here are some great Montblancs:

TAG Heuer

Photos from the show

A very cool display from IWC.

·
Registered
813 Posts

LANGE

First let's take a look at one of our absolute favorite brands, as we're big fans of German watches, Lange, and some of their gorgeous new models.

Good grief, watch sizes really are getting out of hand these days 🤪

PS Thanks for all the pics, some interesting stuff here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk​

·
Registered
16,289 Posts
Safe so far, thanks for the coverage though . . .

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
You gotta share a picture of the BACK of that giant model! I hear the movement was made of silver.

·
Premium Member
9,585 Posts
Yah, the triple split is gonna be the buzz generator, potentially of the year, but the Saxonia Copper Blue is lust-worthy. Fortunately it's waaaayyyy outside my budget, so it can remain on my "if I win the lottery" list, and never come close to the real wishlist.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Awesome - thanks TLW! I like the "aged" metal Zenith Tipo-2; despite the novelty, it's a cool look.

I think ALS should not brand the 36.8mm watch as a ladies watch because I like it but I am too insecure about my manhood to wear something that does not have a macho moniker.

Please take some nice pictures and get measurements of the new Cartier Santos lineup. The wankers at Hdinkee failed to bring a ruler.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
I was thinking the same thing!

We are going to start having even more "Is this Watch too large for my wrist" threads.

In fact, I could start an "Is this Watch too large for my head" thread.

LANGE

Good grief, watch sizes really are getting out of hand these days 浪

PS Thanks for all the pics, some interesting stuff here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk​

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Fantastic coverage. Lange really came out with a bang. Some of those make me want to triple mortgage my house and give on of my children up for adoption just to make enough room on the credit cards to pay for it for the next 10 yrs :).

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Fantastic coverage. Lange really came out with a bang. Some of those make me want to triple mortgage my house and give on of my children up for adoption just to make enough room on the credit cards to pay for it for the next 10 yrs :).
There should be an international moratorium on new watch releases. I'm eyeing up far too many.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts