WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The end of the year is fast approaching. What are the favorites of the bunch you've bought, sold, and, in some cases, bought again? Let's reflect on another year of G collecting!

I bought my first 1000 Frog in August. As with many before me, I was indifferent to the Frog, but it grew on me and I had to have it.

Frogplate.jpg

And an excellent condition 5600c

5600c.jpg

Honorable mention goes to my favorite watch, the GW-5000. I still wear this one as frequently as I did when I bought it almost two years ago.

2014 has been good to me. Not so much for my wallet.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Nice lume job on your GA110. Would you have any tutorials, links, and where to buy advice. I'd like to take a try at luming my GA100 and GA110. Please advise. Thank you.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The Casio DW290T - the real Mission Impossible 1 watch. Cheap but durable enough just for almost anything.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The Gulfmaster GWN1000 - she ain't pretty, but she got it where it counts. The best ana-digi model ever. Not only does it do just about everything the Rangeman does (the Rangeman does have memory records which I don't use) but it also adds moon/tide data. The LED implementation lights the face and the lcd screens. And lume was even applied to the indicator hand. It is a lot of watch at a price significantly less than the GWA1100... I picked mine up just after launch for $285.

Yellow Friends.JPG

·
Premium Member
8,207 Posts
I have many favorites, but I'd have to include these:

My favorite Rangeman:

I decided that I had to include my MTG in this post, too, as it's my one and only MTG, and pretty darn awesome!

My favorite Gulfmaster:

And my newest pickup, and also one of my favorite Gs:

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Wow, what a way to make me realize how much I spend on G-Shocks. It's been a busy year for me, as this is the year I got my first Frogman, first Rangeman, and first analog G. It's hard to narrow it down but here are some that are at the top of the list, in no particular order

We'll stat of with the 9400KJ

Then there's the Gulfmaster, for which I did a resin swap

Of course I can't forget my two Frog builds. So much fun to put together and see my creations come to life

My final big purchase of the year was the Beast, GPW1000. A purchase that I thought would have to wait until next year, but things lined up so that it worked out. I was absolutely blown away by this piece.

Honorable mention go to the Rising Red Mudman, Lightning Yellow 8230 Frogman, Sea and Earth (Joker) Mudman, Orange GWA1100, and camo GD120's. Sorry, but I love them all.

Great year friends...Here's to another one sharing this great hobby (obsession)...This is an awesome thread, Ottovonn, helping us reflect on the year that's almost behind us...

Now where's the camo Master of G's starscream mentioned?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Wow, what a way to make me realize how much I spend on G-Shocks. It's been a busy year for me, as this is the year I got my first Frogman, first Rangeman, and first analog G. It's hard to narrow it down but here are some that are at the top of the list, in no particular order

Then there's the Gulfmaster, for which I did a resin swap

This one gets my AWARD for the best and most LOGICAL resin swap of the year. Congrats on some great acquisitions.

·
Registered
36,279 Posts

Hard choices, as lately been wearing the JDM blue Gulfmaster, but these 3 mods were the most fun to make....

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Interesting question and not an easy one to answer....

Certainly a big score was the MTG Basel edition:

20141102_142802_1-1000.jpg

It's no secret I like my Gulfmasters:

20141213_120728_resized-2-800.jpg

Really was excited to get the Rescue series in Tokyo, the one I actually wear is of course the Rangeman, and that one will need to turn positive in order to really be useful for me.

DSCF2379-2-700.jpg

Getting the Navy was also great, best of them is of course the Frogman.

NavyInvasion-6.jpg

NavyInvasion-12.jpg

And the list wouldnt be complete without my two GPWs - my favorite is this one:

DSCF2414.jpg

DSCF2220-2.jpg

1 - 20 of 113 Posts