WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To commemorate a special event, I am looking to purchase my first TAG. It will be an Aquaracer with blue or black face (not chrono). Though I am leaning towards a quartz, I am not certain. I will wear it 5 days a week and do not want to have to adjust the time. Is it bad for an auto to be wound alot? Because of my career, I play piano about 4 hours each day and I need to have the watch on during that time. I would love to be able to pass this down to my son some day and I don't know if that can happen with a quartz.

Any advice?
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
270 Posts
I do not think you can over wind an auto. The automatic would be the best choice if you are going to give it to your son. the power reserve is around two days it should work for you. I have the black aquaracer it is a nice watch i think you be pleased with your purchase.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Most auto watches have over-wind protection to prevent any damage that would result from wearing and winding it too much. you should be fine with the auto. i have the blue face aquaracer watch and i love it

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
The Aquaracer auto (and every other auto I'm familiar with) has a clutch in the rotor that disengages the winding mechanism once the mainspring is fully wound. And piano playing is certainly within the range of activities an automatic watch can handle.

Beyond that, your interest in no-hassle accuracy favors the quartz and your interest in handing the watch down to your son suggests going with the auto. I'd make the call based on which of these priorities is more important.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
By wearing it 5 days per week, the automatic will maintain its power w/o having to reset it, especially if you play piano!!

You may have to adjust the time slightly every few weeks as typically autos are not as accurate as quartz watches.

Ive had very good results with both of my autos NOT needing frequent time adjustments.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
hi my friend, you should go for the auto, its bigger, and auto.
and the blue one is superb...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts